Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 11

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Poor Jorah... The look on his little face!

This is hilarious, and definitely made me feel better:

25 Steps To Get Over Your Intense "Game Of Thrones" Depression

"I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashl67ey View Post
    I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.
    I hear he is great with kittens.

That said, he is far better than Caitlin and Roose Bolton, who the show does not do justice, not one bit.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Ashl67ey View Post
    I just finished Season 2. Damn I hate Joffrey.
    I wish I still hated Joffrey the most
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    SPOILER ALERT (sort of)

was just looking on the awoiaf (a wiki of ice and fire) site and looked up lyanna stark. guess what? she has grey eyes. just like jon snow...

anyway after reading how she was kept in the tower of joy, and quite possibly not actually "kidnapped" and that rhaegar spent most of the war in the tower with her, i'm utterly convinced that rhaegar and lyanna are jon's parents. that and the secret she tells ned and her final words "promise me, ned"
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    SPOILER ALERT (sort of)

was just looking on the awoiaf (a wiki of ice and fire) site and looked up lyanna stark. guess what? she has grey eyes. just like jon snow...

anyway after reading how she was kept in the tower of joy, and quite possibly not actually "kidnapped" and that rhaegar spent most of the war in the tower with her, i'm utterly convinced that rhaegar and lyanna are jon's parents. that and the secret she tells ned and her final words "promise me, ned"
    Who cares - he's just going to die anyway! *runs away, sobbing into her silken handkerchief*

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Who cares - he's just going to die anyway! *runs away, sobbing into her silken handkerchief*
    we don't actually know what happens. you haven't read the books yet, but you will learn how grrm writes. he does things like that at the end of a chapter and then picks up later down the line and then fills you in on the middle part. you'll see several instances of that with main character plot twists throughout the books
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    we don't actually know what happens. you haven't read the books yet, but you will learn how grrm writes. he does things like that at the end of a chapter and then picks up later down the line and then fills you in on the middle part. you'll see several instances of that with main character plot twists throughout the books
    Oh, yes... GRRM does love a cliff hanger "death" only to bring them back later and you are all "wait, what, how?!"
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    The tweets are rather...histrionic.

Here's a dramatic, interesting story, in which something really emotionally shocking happens. Isn't this the hallmark of powerful, quality drama? Instead, these insufferably superficial, self-absorbed, over-indulged snowflakes are ENRAGED and personally hurt by the turn of a story line. I truly enjoyed the power of my reaction and GRRM's audacity at choosing what I view as a rather historically-credible outcome. It's so much better than the puerile fantasy (and honestly, fiction in general) that seems to fill shelves today.

I find it hard not to see this as symptomatic of something much, much larger.
    It's rather ratcheted-up my nervousness at how this country would cope (or wouldn't) with ACTUAL tragedy/catastrophe. I've always suspected that many would simply fold up and die...now, I'm nearly sure of it.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

The Dude, I was kidding. I don't even own a silken hanky

Saying that, the melodramatic demonstration was only partially feigned. I'm so invested in the characters! If Jon isn't Ned's son then I really think Ned could have at least told Cat the truth, so she wouldn't have been such a bitch to poor JS.

- Ray Peat

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    The Dude, I was kidding. I don't even own a silken hanky

Saying that, the melodramatic demonstration was only partially feigned. I'm so invested in the characters! If Jon isn't Ned's son then I really think Ned could have at least told Cat the truth, so she wouldn't have been such a bitch to poor JS.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    The tweets are rather...histrionic.

Here's a dramatic, interesting story, in which something really emotionally shocking happens. Isn't this the hallmark of powerful, quality drama? Instead, these insufferably superficial, self-absorbed, over-indulged snowflakes are ENRAGED and personally hurt by the turn of a story line. I truly enjoyed the power of my reaction and GRRM's audacity at choosing what I view as a rather historically-credible outcome. It's so much better than the puerile fantasy (and honestly, fiction in general) that seems to fill shelves today.

I find it hard not to see this as symptomatic of something much, much larger.
    It's rather ratcheted-up my nervousness at how this country would cope (or wouldn't) with ACTUAL tragedy/catastrophe. I've always suspected that many would simply fold up and die...now, I'm nearly sure of it.
    I definitely wouldn't want to be the actor that plays Bolton today..>!

- Ray Peat

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast