Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - GOT fever? page 10

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just realised something: this is all of the doing of The Lord of Light! The last episode ended with the Red woman, the leeches, and Stannis damning the three usurpers...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I just realised something: this is all of the doing of The Lord of Light! The last episode ended with the Red woman, the leeches, and Stannis damning the three usurpers...
    you'll find that as the story progresses, a lot of people actually worship the lord of light. kind of interesting to me...

the leeches/gendry thing, is not as it is written in the book. i'm not sure what the show is doing. they're definitely simplifying things a bit with that

i'm also curious to see what they do with stannis in the season finale, and if the story will get that far this season or if the show-watchers have to wait until next season.
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    you'll find that as the story progresses, a lot of people actually worship the lord of light. kind of interesting to me...

the leeches/gendry thing, is not as it is written in the book. i'm not sure what the show is doing. they're definitely simplifying things a bit with that

i'm also curious to see what they do with stannis in the season finale, and if the story will get that far this season or if the show-watchers have to wait until next season.
    You could tell that they had scrimped over some details: the scene didn't really make sense. Although I thought it was hilarious how Gendry squealed like a little girl "oh nooooooooooo - not leeches! Leeeches - ahh!"

Or maybe he was just upset that his raunchy time with the red woman was cut short. Why they had to have sex at all [other than for the obligatory sex scene in every episode] is beyond me...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    You could tell that they had scrimped over some details: the scene didn't really make sense. Although I thought it was hilarious how Gendry squealed like a little girl "oh nooooooooooo - not leeches! Leeeches - ahh!"

Or maybe he was just upset that his raunchy time with the red woman was cut short. Why they had to have sex at all [other than for the obligatory sex scene in every episode] is beyond me...

No idea, and if I remember correctly in the book Gendry has not even met Melisandre. He seems to be playing the part of Eldric (Eric?) Storm.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    No idea, and if I remember correctly in the book Gendry has not even met Melisandre. He seems to be playing the part of Eldric (Eric?) Storm.
    Yes. The last we see(read) of gendry is when he is at the inn of the crossroads. There is no further mention of him and he has nothing to do with melissandre
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    Yes. The last we see(read) of gendry is when he is at the inn of the crossroads. There is no further mention of him and he has nothing to do with melissandre
    Him and Arya are going to fall in love

And then they'll probably both die.

- Ray Peat

canio6 Guest
    Him and Arya are going to fall in love

And then they'll probably both die.
    lol oh, you really, really should read the books.

lol oh, you really, really should read the books.
    Ha, considering how obsessed with it I am, I really should

After we watched Ep 9 together, my housemate proudly presented me with book three... which is two books. I'm currently on page 94 of ASOIAF. Yeah... long way to go! Trying to resist reading spoilers...

- Ray Peat

JWBooth is offline Senior Member
    I think Canio is just referring to the genetic principle that black hair is the dominant gene, and silver (?) is recessive.

THis theory is satisfying, except that they've barely mentioned it in the TV series...
    Pretty sure the fact that blue eyes and fair hair are recessive features is pretty widespread among the general population. When I was a kid it was used as the primary example in very basic (and to a certain extent misleading) teaching of grade school genetics.

Also, Robert's grandmother was a Targaryen.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i would be remiss if i did not put this here

beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast