Thread: Racing heart? page

Lynx33 is offline Member

Racing heart?

Primal Fuel
    Hello...I'm nearing my first week of eating paleo. I've noticed an increase in my heart beat...even while sitting down and typing this, my heart rate feels a lot higher than usual. This has been going on since I started. Has this happend to anyone?

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx33 View Post
    Hello...I'm nearing my first week of eating paleo. I've noticed an increase in my heart beat...even while sitting down and typing this, my heart rate feels a lot higher than usual. This has been going on since I started. Has this happend to anyone?
    Assuming you are now lower carb than usual, your body doesnt have as much simple carbs to help prop blood sugar up, so in response your body releases norepinephrine (adrenaline). Causes a racing heart. Keep an eye on it, if it doesnt pass in a couple of weeks (carb flu like), you may need to adjust things,

Lumifer is offline Senior Member
    Measuring your pulse (aka heart rate) is trivial -- what's yours, in numbers?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Are you dehydrated? It could also be electrolyte loss - do you get any magnesium in your diet?
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Lynx33 is offline Member
    Ya i've been extremely thirsty the past few days. Been drinking alot of water. The heart racing is better today, we'll see how it goes. I take some magnesium along with vit D in the mornings. I had started taking it a few months ago to help with bad depression that i`d get in the winter.

codered5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx33 View Post
    Ya i've been extremely thirsty the past few days. Been drinking alot of water. The heart racing is better today, we'll see how it goes. I take some magnesium along with vit D in the mornings. I had started taking it a few months ago to help with bad depression that i`d get in the winter.
    Going back to my point, additional stress on your adrenals can cause subclinical hypoglycemia, with extreme thirst being a major symptom. Your body is prob just reacting to the net carb reduction, should eventually stabilize. I would increase salt intake in that case personally.