Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: North American Fashion

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    A lot of popularity with drafts/draft crosses/warmbloods. I think most female riders are pretty self conscious about their size/horse ratio.
    They probably are. I know when I was riding hunter/jumpers as a teenager, we had a hell of a time finding horses tall enough to fit my long legs. I looked utterly ridiculous on anything shorter than 16 or 16.1. And I was always horribly self-conscious about my height compared to the shorter girls in class. They could ride anything and look lovely; I was always sure I looked just like the Jolly Green Giant riding a goat.

Yeah... you just about can't sell hunter jumpers smaller than 16H now. Everyone loves to be on enormous horses.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Yep.

I have three horses now and the "small" one is a 16H TB.

The tallest is a 17H appaloosa. Go figure.

It's part of the "fat acceptance" movement.

People in North American jogged themselves senseless while constricting their calories to semi-starvation levels, and that didn't work...so now they just change the label. Sneaky.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Because men wear their pants under their waist/belly. When you're apple shaped the hip measurement doesn't change as drastically. You just cinch the belt tighter.
    This makes sense. I didn't consider the high/low rise aspect. I much prefer wearing clothes at the actual waist so I have at least a little flexibility of movement.

One word on mens clothes custom made decent price's Custom Suits & Mens Suits | Indochino

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    The weirdest thing is that they seem to be vanity sizing shoes now. I swear, I used to be a 9.5 in some shoes, now I end up in 8's and even 7.5's in a lot of cases. I haven't needed a 9 in a couple of years....
    Yes! I understand the whole point from a retail marketing perspective of vanity sizing for clothing, but why on earth do we need it for shoes? I used to be a size 8, now I'm a 7, sometimes even a 6.5. And I can fit into kids size 5 shoes as well. I have similar issues with bras. My boobs still fit into my old bras, but now when I shop I have to look at bras at least 1 cup size up. So frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Badkty22 View Post
    Yes! I understand the whole point from a retail marketing perspective of vanity sizing for clothing, but why on earth do we need it for shoes? I used to be a size 8, now I'm a 7, sometimes even a 6.5. And I can fit into kids size 5 shoes as well. I have similar issues with bras. My boobs still fit into my old bras, but now when I shop I have to look at bras at least 1 cup size up. So frustrating!
    What I have found now that I am no longer heavy with inflamed feet is that shoes are wider than before I had those issues. It suits me fine, because I never used to be able to fit into fashion shoes, and now I am able to wear standard sizes, rather than wide ones like I used to wear as a kid. I think it has something to do with significantly heavier people having feet made larger by the action of gravity.
    Last edited by eKatherine; 08-10-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Well, I used to just wear regular shoes and think dress shoes=pain. Now that I have discovered wide sizes I can be comfortable. I'm definitely not overweight (5'5" and the heaviest I have ever been was 130ish, currently 118ish).

Shop Now
    Seriously, what the hell is going on with vanity sizing? It is getting even worse. I went sweater shopping and stopped at the Gap. Found 2 sweaters I liked, but only in Small.... eyeballed them and bought them along with a T-Shirt in s size small.
    The T-shirt is huge- it's like a damn sack and the sweaters are also large thru the mid section, though the arms fit.

So basically, their small size is somewhat roomy on a 170 lb woman, technically "overweight". I have big boobs, broad shoulders and nothing about me strikes anyone as "small". What do actual straight up small people wear? I realize at this point I have some body dysmorphia, but this is ridiculous. I do have some old XL shirts and they are almost the same size. So annoying!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!