Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: North American Fashion page 2

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I think it depends on where the jeans are supposed to sit on you.

Jeans: Measuring the Right Waist Size | American Made Men
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Clothes sizing is ridiculous. Vanity sizing means things in the children's section fits me just fine, even a little too big starting from children's size 12. As for adults...forget it. I think Walnart and Old Navy are the worst at this over sizing stuff.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

jaczor is offline Member
    I can tell you that in europe, sizes are smaller, shirts are almost a size less (size L american=size XL here) and the same goes for pant/jeans sizes, although even in the US it varies from one brand to another, in my experience Levis jean size are the most accurate, or at least less inaccurate than the rest. Old Navy and American Eagle are on the higher side, followed closely by abercrombie.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    being a 28w/34l mens, I have to import.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Clothing in the US is sized for giants, not just big but tall. I am of average height, yet not only must I buy jeans that are petite, but they are usually too long also.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Because men wear their pants under their waist/belly. When you're apple shaped the hip measurement doesn't change as drastically. You just cinch the belt tighter.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Incindiary is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Clothing in the US is sized for giants, not just big but tall. I am of average height, yet not only must I buy jeans that are petite, but they are usually too long also.
    This hasn't been my experience. I'm 5'11, and I have to buy Long length jeans and slacks. Average length hover just above my ankle bone.

So far, I've found Gap jeans fit me the best, although depending on cut and material composition, even their sizes are inconsistent within the brand line. I currently have two pairs of jeans I wear regularly: a size 4L and a size 8L. Both are from the the Gap, and both are similar in tightness.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindiary View Post
    This hasn't been my experience. I'm 5'11, and I have to buy Long length jeans and slacks. Average length hover just above my ankle bone.

So far, I've found Gap jeans fit me the best, although depending on cut and material composition, even their sizes are inconsistent within the brand line. I currently have two pairs of jeans I wear regularly: a size 4L and a size 8L. Both are from the the Gap, and both are similar in tightness.
    I can see how average sizes would be too short for you, even if they are upsized. But the average woman is 5'4", my exact height. Average jeans are 4-5" too long for me. Petites usually need to be shortened. Slacks that do not come in lengths are often 6-8" too long.

Women's pants are sized for fashion models.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Most pants are the right length for me at 5'6 in a low heel. That said, I can't wear regular pants because the waist and ass are huge if the thighs are just a little snug.

I think length wise, clothes work well for those 5'6 or so. Skirts and dresses hit just right too.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Incindiary is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    I can see how average sizes would be too short for you, even if they are upsized. But the average woman is 5'4", my exact height. Average jeans are 4-5" too long for me. Petites usually need to be shortened. Slacks that do not come in lengths are often 6-8" too long.

Women's pants are sized for fashion models.
    We both experience frustration when shopping for clothes, just for opposite reasons.

It would be lovely to know I could find something in my size regardless of where I shopped. As it is now, I detest the whole process.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast