"spices"......

Primal Fuel
    What are spices on the ingredient list?

Can MSG be hidden under it?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    msg usually hides under "natural flavors."

if you're in doubt about what something is, don't eat it. pretty simple.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I use a lot of Cinnamon, Oregano, and hot chili sauce. Also mixed green herbs and some garlic...

twa2w is offline Senior Member
    I use the mantra, if it has an ingredient list it isn't paleo/primal. I don't eat it.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Though they have some issues, Whole Foods does a pretty good job of not stocking anything with MSG in it, and will go so far as to pull an entire company's products off the shelves if that company is found to be in violation of the terms. I'm not sure if it is written into their purchasing contracts or not, but they take it pretty seriously.

If you find a product at Whole Foods, you can be pretty sure that it won't have msg. Myths and Misconceptions: MSG | Whole Foods Market

More than likely you can find it somewhere else cheaper, if it's a fairly common product like Thai Kitchen or something like that.

*edit* Here's the full list: Unacceptable Ingredients for Food | Whole Foods Market

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I am surprised with the amount of spice mixes that have sugar in the mix. I don't buy combo spices anymore, they sneak stuff in.

As for the reference to "spices" in an ingredient list, I get suspicious, why not list them?

On the other hand, maybe it is a KFC "seven secret herbs and spices" kind of thing - protecting their recipe? fair enough