Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Snacks page

Hubbert is offline Junior Member

Primal Snacks

Primal Fuel
    I see that Mark recommends some US based snacks and supplements on the website. Does anyone know any UK suppliers of similarly good stuff?
    Thanks,
    Hub.

nathanb is offline Junior Member
    I am interested in this to.

cheers

Geeknik is offline Member
    Surely you have some type of whole foods market that would sell such things? You might just print out some ingredient lists to compare when you go shopping.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeknik View Post
    Surely you have some type of whole foods market that would sell such things? You might just print out some ingredient lists to compare when you go shopping.
    US friends have sent us Larabars. There is nothing remotely close over here (the equivalents e.g. Nakd bars have oats and no fats)

Best option is to not snack between meals?

Absolutely. But for those odd moments... I've found these people: http://www.thenakedape.co.uk/ and I've asked them about the origin of their meat. I'll post here if they reply.

I've had the following reply from The Naked Ape:

The biltong we use is not organic. The reason being is that the cost goes through the roof! The cattle however are grass fed european cattle. It is free roaming and not kept in sheds all day! We have been told they are happy cows!
    It is actually the same biltong the Waitrose sell and they have very strict guidelines as do we however they are more expensive!

I hope this helps but if you need any more information please do let me know.

So, grass fed, but possibly (probably?) on medication... I think I might just keep looking...

Hub.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    I get properly made pork scratchings from my favourite farm shop. Nothing but outdoor-reared pork rinds and salt. Yum. Do you have anywhere that might do similar?

Hard boiled eggs are good for snacks.

A piece of unpasteurised hard cheese (Keens Cheddar and Lincolnshire Poacher are both unpasteurised and widely available - and yum.)

My next plan is to attempt to make home-made jerky with various free-range meats.

Ilythia is offline Member
    You can get oat-free Nakd bars but they still don't contain fat. Still, nor does an apple and that's an easy snack too.

We occasionally do some baking with coconut flour and maple syrup. Carrot cake is really nice and has the advantage of including vegetables!

Or we will cook some chicken pieces and leave them in the fridge for snacks.

Boiled eggs are fairly portable.

Get something for taking homemade snacks out with you so that you don't end up buying junk when you're hungry.

Supermarkets sell Bento-style lunch boxes now and they're really handy for taking snacks out and about.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've also found these people www.laverstokepark.co.uk which looks very promising.
    Hub.

Ilythia is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Stocked by Waitrose

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast