Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I dare ask this question? page

GrokGurl is offline Junior Member

Do I dare ask this question?

Primal Fuel
    I am about 95/5 primal, but now and then when I'm chillin' with family, popcorn would be wonderful. I'm talking organic, popped in organic coconut oil, with himalayan sea salt. Is that a big no no?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    It all depends on your goals and gut tolerance imo. If you tolerate corn and are not trying to lose weight, then a treat of popcorn once in a while isn't going to kill you.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    It's a grain, so you be the judge.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I wouldn't, but it's your decision.

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    I save my once in a blue moon exceptions for something that's going to be a real treat and that I'll really enjoy. If that's popcorn for you then go for it.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    I use to love popcorn, over the last few months I have lost my taste for it, I know because if the kids make some and cover it with Kerrygold I might grab a handful but, it just doesn't appeal to me the way it use to. I use to down bowl after bowl of the stuff.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    It's hard to imagine my world without popcorn....but I'm going to try (based on my last negative outcome from an accidental corn challenge)

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    ultimately there is no "right" or "wrong" choice in the matter. It depends on your personal preferences. If you feel that the joy of eating popcorn once in a while will outweigh the negative consequences, then go for it.

I'd say I'm 90/10 as well...the marginal improvement I'd see with going 100/0 is far outweighed by the stress/inconvenience that it would bring on. It's not worth it right now...though there is good chance that will change in the future. who knows.

There might be a person who is fully knowledgeable of the PB, but decides to eat grains/sugar anyway because he/she feels that he/she would rather have a shorter, less healthy life enjoying these things than a longer/healthier life without them. Declaring that such a person is right or wrong simply doesn't make sense...its a personal choice.

I don't really like it when people say things are bad/good or right/wrong when it comes to lifestyle choices, including diet. That means you are imposing your personal beliefs and preferences upon others as facts, which is just ignorant.

No matter how healthy we are, life is still short.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city
    I put homemade popcorn cooked in CO in the once/month won't kill me category. I would be too sad without it. My main problem with it isn't that I like to eat it, but that I can eat A LOT.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by primal pete View Post
    ultimately there is no "right" or "wrong" choice in the matter. It depends on your personal preferences. If you feel that the joy of eating popcorn once in a while will outweigh the negative consequences, then go for it.

I'd say I'm 90/10 as well...the marginal improvement I'd see with going 100/0 is far outweighed by the stress/inconvenience that it would bring on. It's not worth it right now...though there is good chance that will change in the future. who knows.

There might be a person who is fully knowledgeable of the PB, but decides to eat grains/sugar anyway because he/she feels that he/she would rather have a shorter, less healthy life enjoying these things than a longer/healthier life without them. Declaring that such a person is right or wrong simply doesn't make sense...its a personal choice.

I don't really like it when people say things are bad/good or right/wrong when it comes to lifestyle choices, including diet. That means you are imposing your personal beliefs and preferences upon others as facts, which is just ignorant.

No matter how healthy we are, life is still short.
    I agree 100%. Enjoy your popcorn if it makes you happy! As of now I'm also 95/5, because I'm on a bit of a deadline for weight loss, but I look forward to the day I can allow myself 80/20 compliance.
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast