Thread: Hello! New to the Primal Blueprint page

sdp
    sdp is offline Junior Member

Hello! New to the Primal Blueprint

So, I discovered Mark's book via a Paleo blog and the book has immediately struck a chord with me. It's one of those things that is so liberating to read and the truths that teem from it seem so self-evident.

Long story short--grew up in a Korg home, was of above-average weight early on but the weight exploded to nearly 340 pounds by graduating high school due to a high-carb diet combined with extreme inactivity.

I lost 35 pounds during my first year of college, but this wasn't enough. I put on around 15 pounds after this and by August 2008, my genes apparently were fed up. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes at age 20. I didn't know it at the time, but this has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. Since September 2008, I have reduced my weight from 310 pounds to 220 pounds. I have normal blood pressures, "normal" cholesterol, normal A1Cs, and dropped my waist from a 44 to a 34. I am on no medication to promote healthy blood sugar and all markers of metabolic syndrome are virtually nonexistent.

For most, this transformation would be sufficient to accept and continue as they are. My diet is much different (as you can imagine) but there is still a large carbohydrate component. For me, I feel like this is an ever broadening transforming of the way we modern humans have done things and this next step has been the discovery of the Primal Blueprint.

With changes in line with the Primal Blueprint, does someone who has a history of Type 2 DM have the same potential to reprogram his genes?

Glad to be here!
    Last edited by sdp; 05-05-2010 at 02:03 PM.

Greg is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome sdp! Congrats on your amazing weight loss and lab work!

Search around, there lots of info on here from folks who have dealt with or are currently dealing with T2.

Enjoy your stay and cheers to good health!
    ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS