Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** GLYCEMIC LOAD AFFECT YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IN proportion? page

straving2death is offline Junior Member

Wink *** GLYCEMIC LOAD AFFECT YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IN proportion?

Shop Now
    say something has a glycemic load of 20 and something else is 50. is the relative difference of it affecting your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) increased by 30%?

how much of a difference to your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) is 10 and 100? seems meaningless.

health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm
    Last edited by straving2death; 04-06-2013 at 03:46 PM.

i know SOMEBODY here must know the answer to this specific question! ^_^

Zach is offline Banned
    Instead of asking these weird and probably pointless questions, why dont you just ask what you really want to know?

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Instead of asking these weird and probably pointless questions, why dont you just ask what you really want to know?
    +1
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straving2death View Post
    how much of a difference to your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) is 10 and 100? seems meaningless.
    The difference between a food that has a GI of 10 and one that has a GI of 100 is usually the fat or protein contained in the lower GI food.

GI is kind of a useless measure. Of course, some people like to create spreadsheets and track useless info. You should probably do that. You might discover some ultimate truth.

Talking

@eKatherine "The difference between a food that has a GI of 10 and one that has a GI of 100 is usually the fat or protein contained in the lower GI food"

-- ok thanks but that doesn't answer "is the relative difference of it affecting your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) increased by 30%?"

@Zach people that aren't very intelligent seem to miss that this IS what we want to know =)

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    @eKatherine "The difference between a food that has a GI of 10 and one that has a GI of 100 is usually the fat or protein contained in the lower GI food"

-- ok thanks but that doesn't answer "is the relative difference of it affecting your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) increased by 30%?"
    Then why aren't you doing research on every single food there is instead of asking other people to create and run these experiments for you at their own expense?

Talking

does anyone on this site know the answer? or should i just ask elsewhere. i dont like staying on sites where nobody knows anything and have unhelpful thing to say

-- shows low quality

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    does anyone on this site know the answer? or should i just ask elsewhere. i dont like staying on sites where nobody knows anything and have unhelpful thing to say

-- shows low quality
    So does having a name like straving2death.

The GI is a useless tool, it serves no point. For blood pressure, it mostly has to do with a mineral imbalance, a cortisol imbalance, insulin resistance, and obesity.
    Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.

"GI is a useless tool, it serves no point. For blood pressure, it mostly has to do with a mineral imbalance, a cortisol imbalance, insulin resistance, and obesity."

well if this is true, which i'll assume, then thanks for clearing this up!!! too much noise in society makes ppl like me ask questions like these....

THANKS VERY MUCH. now having validation (since i personally know nothing about this) i can ignore the noise and go on with my life! =)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast