Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** GLYCEMIC LOAD AFFECT YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IN proportion? page 2

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    For what its worth, when I eat for example, a steak and egg breakfast, and don't eat all day, by evening, my heart rate has slowed, heart beats much more quietly... I even feel like my blood pressure is back to normal.... Eat high GI food... or any processed carbs, and I have a pounding heart, pressure in my head and dont feel good at all.

In my experience, I think that the "GI" of food definitely effects blood pressure.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straving2death View Post
    say something has a glycemic load of 20 and something else is 50. is the relative difference of it affecting your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) increased by 30%?

how much of a difference to your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) is 10 and 100? seems meaningless.

health.harvard.edu/newsweek/Glycemic_index_and_glycemic_load_for_100_foods.htm
    If your question is "What is the percentage difference between 20 and 50, assuming that the highest possible number in this set is 50 and the lowest possible number is 0, than the percentage difference is 60%.

I would assume that there is not a mathmatically direct proportional relation to blood pressure.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 04-27-2013 at 08:36 PM.

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by straving2death View Post
    say something has a glycemic load of 20 and something else is 50. is the relative difference of it affecting your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) increased by 30%?

how much of a difference to your blood glucose (which affects blood pressure) is 10 and 100? seems meaningless.
    Instead of turning it into academic masturbation on the internet; you could just get off your lazy butt and go cook some food, eat it, and solve your problem.

If something has a glycemic load of 20 it delivers 20g of glucose, if something has a glycemic load of 50 it delivers 50g of glucose. Both are high glycemic load. How much does it increase your blood glucose? Individual glucose response differs by individual so we don't really know. We could theorize it increases your blood glucose less. It is interesting to ponder, but entirely academic.

Just go eat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12