Thread: soap? page

girlhk is offline Senior Member

soap?

Primal Fuel
    I've slowly stopped using products found in supermarkets as they dry out my hair and skin, unless I go swimming or get dusty. Even then, I'd like to avoid whatever is not necessary.

These days, I see a lot of organic soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, etc, in organic stores. They are very expensive compared to regular soaps. How necessary is soap for getting clean?

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I only use soap on my feet -- i'm a barefoot girl so they get grungy -- and when I wash my hands. No shampoo either. I'm clean.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Depends on what your doing I guess.. If your just dealing with normal sweat etc then soap probably isent that necessary..
    I get muddy walking the dogs & I work with dogs daily so find a shower on its own dosent always do the job. I try to avoid chemical laden products so I use Queen of Aleppo soap. its exspensive (about 11 a bar) but 1 bar last me and my hubby about 6 weeks so its not actully that exspensive in the long run.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I only use soap on rare occasions when water isn't enough, like if my hands are significantly dirty.

But for regular washing, water is fine, and for the most part has been shown to get rid of the same amount of bacteria (I've heard).