Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Southeastern PA page

GrokGurl is offline Junior Member

Smile Hi from Southeastern PA

Shop Now
    I am not new to this lifestyle, but new to this website. I was previously raw vegan, but developed some imbalances. My doc recommended the Weston Price diet, and I took it a bit further with the paleo/primal diet. I read Mark's book and resonated with it. Although, I do better than 80/20. I'm about 95/5. I look forward to learning and sharing here!

Greg is offline Senior Member
    Hello & welcome GrokGurl! Tons of great info and folk here - enjoy your stay

BTW, there is no written law. I'm 100/0 by choice. Listen to your body!
    ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

GrockinOut is offline Senior Member
    Hello and welcome!
    whats southeastern pa? I live glassboro nj, which is pretty much right across the bridge from the philadelphia

I'm a Philly girl and pass by your way often on route 55 on the way to the shore!!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm in Northern NJ so pretty effin' far from PA. I know some crazy dudes from Eerie so... hope you're not from there! Welcome.

(also, no offense but no shit you had imbalances being a raw vegan, was one of them being utterly bored when eating?)

haha well I guess it is a small primal world! I go to school at Rowan, but am originally from Manahawkin myself

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    My ex went to school in Rowan, once she brought her college buds to a party here in jersey. I proceeded to get super drunk, told her she made a mistake by leaving me (she didn't, and we're great friends so I have no idea why I said that) told her friends they were inferior and drove home drunk. I miss being 19.

Oh, I hugged her for about a half hour and wouldn't let go, I don't think I've ever embarrassed myself so badly. I didn't even want her back. I don't drink whiskey anymore

HA yeah!! I was very bored being raw vegan, but it felt "right". You know, "spiritual" and all. I couldn't hardly go out for meals with friends or family, because all I could order was a salad and even salad has some restrictions. I prided myself at being 100%, and I admit I really like being different, because "being normal is overrated!!!" And I never ever had cravings, in fact I didn't get hungry and had to remind myself to eat. I followed the "gurus" like David Wolfe and Gabriel Cousins. I ate far too much fruit and that's what whacked me out. It was a religion to me and now I have put that behind me and really like this philosophy because everything is natural in the primal regimen too. My only challenge so far is getting hold of grass-fed meats, sometimes I eat traditional. Ya can't even trust Whole Foods, because it's just agribusiness. I trust a local farm for my raw milk, yogurt, butter and the freshest eggs ever! The first breakfast of bacon and eggs after not eating meat for years felt like sheer bliss to my tastebuds. but it was a difficult transition. If you know any vegetarians, they are hard to convince, and I was one of them.

Great forum btw.

IniQuity, I used to think that Rowan was a decent "party school" until i went to visit a friend at Rutgers during Rutgersfest this year... It was insane. There were like mini mob street riots, and every single frat/house was packed. At least at rowan for the most part the partys are more homey if that makes sense. and where was the party at (if you remember) high st used to be the hot place, but they nocked a lot of houses down :-(

And Grokgurl i understand what you are saying about old eating styles being a religion. I used to followed a hardcore bodybuilding style of eating. nothing but what seemed like oats, protein powder, brown rice, and chicken. and it sucked going out to eat because it was hard to find something to fit and marcos for the day. Now i eat when hungry, eat a lot, and have been making great progress in the gym. Plus my friends hate it when we go out and I order half a roast chicken or a huge steak hahaha being primal truly rules

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    South Jersey here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast