Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal fundamentalism page 2

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Is he newly primal? I found myself being a complete spaz about such things the first month I was primal. Now, I am very much relaxed. I wind up with 2-3 transgressions per month. That might mean a small slice of wedding cake or one beer. Not a whole binge day.

I think you're right though... I would take a cup of rice cereal over a big bowl of mixed nuts any day. I have to stay away from nuts. Too easy to eat too many. Rice, on the other hand, I am ok with. Especially if it's the outer coating of a delicious sushi roll.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post

I also think people enjoy being "food martyrs" and revel in their ability to restrict themsleves. Mostly the problem is them, not you.
    This is a very valid point. See it all the time.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Crabcakes, you bring up a good point. I think where fundies cross the line isn't in the fact that they live a certain way, but when they try to make everyone think their way is the only one.

I had a neighbor who was diagnosed TypeII Diabetes. He kept complaining that the more insulin he took, the more he needed. All I ever said to him was that if he ever wanted to hear a different POV from what the doctors were telling him, I'd be happy to send him links. Next time I saw him, he was standing in line at the corner store holding a can of fruit salad. I never said another word. I believe that the paleo/primal way of eating is a very good thing, but I'm not out to change the world, just my little corner of it.

My mom used to hate anyone who had "converted" to anything. New non-smokers who are suddenly "allergic" to smoke, new Christians who feel the need to proselytize, whatever the new thing they're into that week/month/year - they feel the need to convert the world. It's freakin' annoying. And it's very different from being strict to keep a person healthy.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

grokgramma is offline Member
    Bottom line--what we put in our mouth is no one else's business. Ok that sounded rather sexy, but you know what I meant.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Considering how tenaciously you cling to a way of eating that according to all measures is disordered, you're hardly one to make judgments.
    Oh? I don't even follow a way of eating, definitely not orthorexically. This morning I had a fucking donut for crying out loud. For lunch I ate rice and beef, and for dinner I'll probably have a pack of cigarettes. I'd rather not stress myself out by worrying so much about food. Overall, I eat what I want to, which just happens to be Peatatarian 95% of the time.

I question who really has the disorder.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Rice cereals are for the most part not gluten-free. Rice opponents and rice proponents are equally pig-headed. You were arguing with this guy, remember?

Timthetaco Guest
    This is the reason I have no interest in befriending other paleo dieters. There was a time where I felt like I was a "bad" paleo because I didn't eat liver, but nowadays I would spend all my time arguing with them about carbohydrates and insulin. Waste of time.

Though my mother-in-law has a friend who's weekday paleo and doesn't ever talk about it. We get along well.

Actually, I lied. I'd be friends with this guy.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 03-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post
    This is the reason I have no interest in befriending other paleo dieters. There was a time where I felt like I was a "bad" paleo because I didn't eat liver, but nowadays I would spend all my time arguing with them about carbohydrates and insulin. Waste of time.

Though my mother-in-law has a friend who's weekday paleo and doesn't ever talk about it. We get along well.

Actually, I lied. I'd be friends with this guy.
    Haha, i was saying to derp that a paleo retreat would probably be hell on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Rice cereals are for the most part not gluten-free. Rice opponents and rice proponents are equally pig-headed. You were arguing with this guy, remember?
    I don't even know that guy in question, how would I argue with him? I don't argue with anyone irl about food, it's a waste of time. Definitely wouldn't bother arguing with a paleo about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Haha, i was saying to derp that a paleo retreat would probably be hell on earth.
    We should go to primalcon sometime and announce who we are. I bet we'd get clubbed on the spot haha

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast