Thread: Recommend a frying pan pls page

wehey is offline Member

Recommend a frying pan pls

Hiya all.

I use a frying pan most days. I have been reading and am aware of the nasty chemicals that are released when cooking with modern none stick pans.

Can someone advise me what to look for when shopping for a new frying pan? I dont mind spend some good money on a pan that i know won't be poisoning me every time I use it.

Thanks in advance

Jadzia81 is offline Junior Member
    For an investment? All-Clad. It's wonderful. And if you google for the outlet, you can order irregulars online for a nice discount. The irregularities are cosmetic. Also, I think it comes with a warranty. I have a few pieces and they are wonderful, cook very evenly, and last.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If you're looking to learn about cast iron, and you're a small family of one or two, this is a great starter piece(s) for the price: Amazon.com: Lodge Logic LCC3 Pre-Seasoned Combo Cooker, 10.25-inch: Home & Kitchen

The only thing I had an issue with is that apparently newer cast iron will react with acidic foods, so it will discolor tomato and even onion at first. Once you've beat it up by cooking in it, scrubbing it, and re-seasoning it, it should be fine for just about anything. I use mine almost daily.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.