Page 9 of 132 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 9

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Butter chicken IS doing something to put in your journal! The bird didn't cook itself did it? If it did, I wanna know where to get some of those!
    Thanks Doc, but I have in fact put butter chicken in here before. The only way it's news would be to admit throwing in some whole cloves because I ran out of cardamom seeds.

Dave, in honour of you dropping into my journal, I name tonight's recipe Clovey Chernobyl Chicken.

B: Omelette with leeks, cheese and bacon. Three feijoas.
    Shopping day tomorrow so L was a series of things I scrounged for during the afternoon : Banana, cheese, dates, chocolate, ricies with milk and dried apricot bits.
    D: Clovey Chernobyl Chicken on white rice.
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-17-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Dave, in honour of you dropping into my journal, I name tonight's recipe Clovey Chernobyl Chicken.
    Thanks Annie, I'm honoured, hope it turns out a beauty.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Thanks Annie, I'm honoured, hope it turns out a beauty.
    With 6 legs.... lol

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie - you little rebel - you.......... I was wondering where the boyz were hanging out !!!!!!! LOVL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

I think there's just something about butter chicken that's always bound to get attention.

Anyway, I finally DID something by going to the gym and working HARD in my weights class, I so needed it as I haven't been for a week. I also went through to the gym and tried out some leg press and lat pulldowns.

After all that I went to the supermarket and because I was catching the bus home I had to load my groceries into a backpack. It was VERY heavy and several blocks to the bus stop, so that was more LHT.

I made stuffed mushrooms for lunch: Bacon, leeks, cheese, sunflower seeds combined and piled into the mushrooms. Yummy but I'm not sure why they came out a bit runny, I will have to experiment a bit more with them.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    poss mushrooms give off moisture when they are cooking? i always dry roast any sunflower seeds i use for savoury recipes in my cast iron frypan. i do try to avoid dry roasted sunflower seeds as they are like crack cocaine once you start eating them. i like avocado, chopped red pepper, roast sunflower seeds and vinagrette with some kaitaia fire. goes very nicely with some panfried meat for lunch. & way to go at the gym. did you enjoy it?

Mmm, that's what I thought about the mushrooms too, Seas. Yes I pre-toasted the sunflower seeds and they were a good addition. The last time I did mushrooms like this I topped them with a pumpkin mash mixture, that was good too.

What is kaitaia fire??

Yes, thanks, I did enjoy the gym. Somehow taking a week off has only improved my ability, as I put all the weights up a tad and it felt good to go the extra mile that way.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    kaitaia fire is like tabasco. you can get it in the supermarket. i only gym it once a week. BBS reckons you need a week to 10 days to repair the muscle. i've never read BBS btw but i conveniently lean on it to justify only weight training once a week LOL

B: Two egg basil omelette with mushroom, leeks and avocado.
    L: Banana, dark chocolate. Apple slices with cheese and marmite.
    S: Brazil nuts, apricot/date/almond bar.
    D: Minted lamb neck chops casserole, pumpkin mash, cauliflower.

No matter how much I cook for dinner, it's not often enough there are leftovers (or that I can get to them first) so I do find it hard to know what to have for lunch that isn't bread. I liked my apple with cheese and marmite, but it left me very hungry not long later, hence the hi-calorie snack.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    I liked my apple with cheese and marmite
    I'm guessing Marmite is an acquired taste - I take my hat off to you - for not only eating the stuff but also liking it - if that don't put hair on your knuckles nothing will!

Actually I have no idea if the marmite in New Zealand is the same as the stuff in Canada - if it is that is some potent spread!

I might have missed it but have you posted a recipe for your pumpkin mash?

Cheers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Page 9 of 132 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast