Page 8 of 138 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 8

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Starting to wonder why I ever thought driving a car somewhere was a good use of my time.

Sure, today's walk to town took almost an hour, but there you go - transport and exercise in one hit. What's not to like?

I seem to get most interested in gardening when autumn arrives. So today, got out there and moved some compost around. I was having a great time shifting it from A to B when it started to rain. Carried on in the wet having quite a bit of fun. It's a pity that once I came in and cleaned up I could not bring myself to head out again because there is still a lot of work waiting for me. But the rain is GREAT.

Stewed some more feijoas and gave away another bagful.

Made a pumpkin soup (my one and only pumpkin) which also included fresh parsley, a homegrown leek and homemade chicken stock. So, very self sufficient and primal.

B (I LOVE breakfast): Fried bacon, apple and mushrooms, two eggs and some avocado (thanks to PP for inspiring this addition).
    L: Chicken, lots of chicken, and 1/4 avocado. Feijoas.
    D: Pumpkin and leek soup, softserve boysenberry cream.

Snacks were cheese and chocolate and - naturally - feijoas. Probably too many.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    It's spring here, that's when I get interested in gardening. We have tons of dandelions and with all the talk on the forum about them tomorrow I hope to dig up several and try some tea made from the roots. Dick just mowed the front yard, so I'll be digging in the back yard.

Cheese snacks are becoming a favorite of mine. I've been finding some speciality cheese that are fantastic.

Dandelion root, now that's getting primal indeed. Have you tried it yet? Would you do it again?

B: Two eggs, fried leek and mushrooms.
    L: Pumpkin soup, banana.
    S: Apple and cheese slices with feijoa chutney, celery with peanut butter, a feijoa (of course)
    D: Two chicken thighs, kumara, cauliflower.

No exercise to speak of.

Well I managed to put a primal meal on the table again tonight, but when my dh asked what it was I was completely stumped for a name.

Briefly, I suppose it could be called meat and vegetable stirfry. I started with a very small quantity of spicy mince, and some leftover rice. Padded out with pumpkin, garlic, cumin, leek, cabbage, some peanuts, some stock of some description from the freezer, and the last of the cream in the fridge. It didn't look too attractive but it was tasty enough.

Then I decided to make a small batch of truffles for afters. I threw into the blender some dates, coconut, nuts, butter, chocolate drops and vanilla and pushed the button. It kind of mushed it but no way did I have a truffle mixture. Thinking more liquid might be needed I added some stewed feijoas and applesauce. Still the blended couldn't cope. In the end I put the mess in a bowl and warmed it in the microwave. Once again, I was completely stumped when my dh asked what it was. It kind of looked like porridge and we ate it as a hot pudding. It was very yummy but a bit too sweet for me.

Not hungry now, so that's the main thing. Breakfast and lunch were both the same - a kumara hashbrown and fried egg.

Butter chicken tonight. I really should make it more often, it gets such a good reception from the family.

No exercise yet again, I was hoping I would actually DO some stuff to put in this journal. Oh well, it's another day tomorrow.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Butter chicken tonight. I really should make it more often, it gets such a good reception from the family.

No exercise yet again, I was hoping I would actually DO some stuff to put in this journal. Oh well, it's another day tomorrow.
    Butter chicken IS doing something to put in your journal! The bird didn't cook itself did it? If it did, I wanna know where to get some of those!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Butter chicken IS doing something to put in your journal! The bird didn't cook itself did it? If it did, I wanna know where to get some of those!
    Chernobyl?!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Chernobyl?!
    ahh you has a point! but they would have 6 legs and 3 wings....

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    ahh you has a point! but they would have 6 legs and 3 wings....
    Bit of a step to go and get um, an all, that many legs would be nice though!

Page 8 of 138 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast