Page 74 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 74

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel

Oh it was so good to be back on the mountain again, I had really missed it! Weather was overcast, so photos much easier to take - until the battery went flat then I was carrying a big heavy camera to no purpose.

Daughter's first 5hr tramp - she was flagging after 2 but picked up a bit when we fed her. Will she handle the 8hr adventure that we have in mind? Time will tell.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    how was the panacotta? re: long tramps. i used to go tramping with one of the male friends. 8 yrs younger than me and he was fit so we didnt go slowly. on all the hills, i just used to follow the boots or the bottom of the dreads. that way you are putting one foot in front of the other, not thinking about the task of making it up a huge hill. didnt take long and i could keep up and look where i was going. try not to make her carry anything either and she will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    how was the panacotta? re: long tramps. i used to go tramping with one of the male friends. 8 yrs younger than me and he was fit so we didnt go slowly. on all the hills, i just used to follow the boots or the bottom of the dreads. that way you are putting one foot in front of the other, not thinking about the task of making it up a huge hill. didnt take long and i could keep up and look where i was going. try not to make her carry anything either and she will be fine.
    The panacotta got eaten, but not to rave reviews. I didn't like it at all myself, but my own tastes in deserts are no good indication these days. I've pretty much gone right off them other than fruit and cream or dark chocolate. For example there was banoffie pie, I couldn't even face it. I did eat the cheese cake and the coffee eclairs and they were good.

My dd carried a small day pack with her lunch, but I guess it would be no trouble to me to put her few items in my pack if it would encourage her to keep stepping out.

B: skipped
    L: Meat and vege quiche (Onion, mushroom, silverbeet, broccoli, sausage, smoked chicken, grated cheese, eggs and milk).
    S: Dark chocolate, dried cranberries, an orange. Slice of cheese with marmite.
    D: Beef curry (onion, mince, apple, peanuts, raisins, shredded coconut, tomato paste).
    Last edited by Annieh; 12-29-2013 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Add today's meals

vh67 is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful pictures!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vh67 View Post
    Beautiful pictures!
    +1 - like a magical forest! I love overcast photography; the colors come out so true.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

i have a markhor bum bag, i take when i go hunting. Markhor Ungava Evo Waist Bag i can fit a few things in it, a water bottle and some bullets. i like it as it isnt over my shoulders and i dont get it caught on low patches of bush.

coffee eclairs sound so yummy. i'm having to get stuffed with GF pizza as i got middle dd a pizza stone for xmas.

Happy New Year.

Couldn't sleep last night, finally got up about 2am and tried to do some quiet squats and press ups in order to get rid of the excess energy. Don't even know where it came from other than a couple of glasses of fruit juice?!? I seem to have developed more cravings but less tolerance for sugar and sweet things and it's disrupting my primal level moods.

Started the year with a spot of gardening - pulled a few weeds and harvested some rhubarb and broccoli. Then I made a rice pudding and ate the whole thing during the course of the day (that's a whole pint of milk).

Lunch was good, roasted up some onions and pumpkin with curry then stirred in leftover chunks of BBQ steak with a spoonful of apricot chutney. Lettuce salad on the side.

Caved to sweetness again - three mini chocolate bars this afternoon, also some raisins. Dinner is a mystery, yet to be decided.

New Year's resolution : same old, same old - get back to the gym. Hah. Can't think of a better one right now, but I'm working on it.

So much for becoming more aware of my own body. The sugar cravings were explained when my period caught me by surprise arriving early for once.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have a markhor bum bag, i take when i go hunting. Markhor Ungava Evo Waist Bag i can fit a few things in it, a water bottle and some bullets. i like it as it isnt over my shoulders and i dont get it caught on low patches of bush.

coffee eclairs sound so yummy. i'm having to get stuffed with GF pizza as i got middle dd a pizza stone for xmas.
    We're going above the bush line so a simple but light pack should do for now.
    The eclairs were indeed yummy, the filling was coffee-flavoured cream.

The pizza stone is a great gift, Your dd should get lots of use out of it. Mine had a rest when I first went primal but now I use it for that brazillian cheese bread, meatza, and occasional batch of scones or buns for my dh.

We're going above the bush line so a simple but light pack should do for now.
    i find it easier to carry something low around my waist than over my shoulders even if i am not bush bashing. i dont mind the gun but a pack always feels restricting to me. stick an email watch on trademe as the waist bags sometimes go second hand on there. i got my bergen 25l dpm daypack off there for $25 and it still had its tags on. i have experimented too with GF choux pastry and it works. we cant do wheat even when we cheat. never thought of coffee flavoured cream tho. the potential. tell me. do you put the dough straight on the pizza stone? and how do you then clean it or doesnt it stick?