Page 73 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 73

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Just got home with my Christmas groceries - everything I need to make strawberry-smoked chicken salad, new potato and mayonnaise salad, white chocolate panacotta with cherry sauce, as my contribution to Christmas dinner. And much more besides.

Better get to the kitchen NOW. Some of those things can wait till tomorrow, but my fresh milk is begging to be whipped into ice-cream

Getting excited...

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Sounds absolutely delicious! Enjoy!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Merry Christmas to you and yours xx
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    So here's what we're having Christmas Day (hopefully outside in the sunshine) -

Warm ham with fresh salsa
    New potatoes with spicy mayo dressing
    Hot buttered corn on the cob.
    Salmon rissoni salad.
    Strawberry and chicken salad.
    Greek salad (feta and olives etc).

Frozen mango cheesecake, Coffee creme eclairs, Pannacotta with cherries, and christmas pudding with custard.

I can't wait!!!

OK, panacotta chilling in the fridge as I type. Now for breakfast then on with the cherry sauce. Gotta keep on track here, and still mulling over decorating my tree - it's been fine all week but now very cloudy. Will it rain on Christmas Day??????? Wish I knew...

Oh, and dd with the waist-lenth hair is getting it all chopped in one hour's time. Aaaaaaghh.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    it is raining heaps down here. i've been to the gym at 7:30 am which was mish, even for me. i did have fun tho as ever. we've kind of ground to a halt on all the cooking as we've suddenly all worked out we may have to eat all that food and we're not that hungry lol dd is saving her eating day for tomorrow. i have never had to face my kids wanting to chop all their hair off. i am almost cult-like about my hair so i lead by example. it's been long ever since i was able to express a preference.

how did you make the white choc pannacotta?

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    merry christmas Annie
    g x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Glad you had fun at the gym, I am missing it but just haven't been able to fit it in lately (excuses, I know...).

As for cooking, I'm on track, just hoping that it's all going to come out right in the end. I made myself crabby today by eating chocolates, then getting a subsequent sugar low which made me so grumpy that I told my dd to make us all cheese on toast for lunch. Oh well, never mind.

I like long hair, but I can totally understand that my dd was sick of caring for hers, it has come up to chin level and looks very sweet, she is so happy and light, and it still looks feminine so I'm happy for her.

The pannacotta was just warm the milk and sugar with a vanilla pod, stir in white chocolate till melted, then blend into the soaked gelatine. I hope everyone likes it, to me it is overly sweet and insipid and tastes of white chocolate which I don't actually like. The cherry sauce is great though

Merry Christmas to all my readers Peace, joy, love and laughter to you all xx

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    merry christmas Annie
    g x
    Thanks, and to you and yours. Thinking of you and all your forty guests! I'm stressing over 13

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Excited to go tramping again today - this time with some old friends. Double bonus.