Page 67 of 129 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 67

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm glad to hear it doesn't mess with even persons
    which is why i avoid it. i run into some, it looks at me and thinks wow she is odd and i am done for! 3 days off work on my last incident. one of our better kept secrets, along with the fact the clean green image is really marketing.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Felt too wimpy to walk in the rain so took the bus both to town and home again. My only exercise was wandering round the shops trying to make a start on my Christmas shopping.

Family birthday tonight, I took apple pie which went down a treat with everyone else. For myself, I ate lots of the most primal food I could find and none of the least.

B: Two chicken drumsticks and baked kumara.
    L: Kumara and egg fritter. Apple and cheese slices. Chocolate.
    D: Wild caught snapper!!!! (battered and fried!), chicken kebabs, potato gratin, coleslaw. Juice and lemonade, and sparkling grape juice - feeling a bit shaky now and wonder if it's a result of the sugar in those drinks. I'm surprised cos I really did eat heaps of good food too, so I dunno.

Things I passed on - garlic bread AND bread rolls AND pasta salad AND apple pie AND ice-cream AND chocolate cake with icing. Phew, just think if I'd eaten all that as well (most of my family did). I kinda forgot how non-primal most other people's meals probably are as these are things that not only do I not eat but I just would not serve all at the same time for my family either as it would now seem really unbalanced to me. There were even noodles in the coleslaw.

Clarkie is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you did really well, all things considered. My youngest son's birthday is next week but thankfully he has chosen to have his birthday dinner at a Thai restaurant. I am planning to have a chicken curry with extra veggies and no rice. DS has asked me to make him a "yellow cake with chocolate icing" Definitely not something I will want to eat lol!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    There are some lovely cake recipes that are primal on various sites like Elana's pantry, food lovers pantry and they are totally yummy. I just made DD a chocolate cake for her birthday that a non primal person would not know is grain free. It is made with coconut flour and a bunch of eggs. Obviously it is still pretty carby - but really not bad especially when you compare with a regular cake.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

I just made DD a chocolate cake for her birthday that a non primal person would not know is grain free. It is made with coconut flour and a bunch of eggs. Obviously it is still pretty carby - but really not bad especially when you compare with a regular cake.
    i absolutely so wouldnt guarantee that normal people wouldnt notice. my kids can detect coconut flour in baked goods with an ability which leaves my hunting dog's nose for dead.

Hey A. i wanted to tell you we saw the baby pied stilts who belonged to the swooping parents. we were in the truck going to school and i got the kids to look as i was driving. there were 3 little spotty fluffy balls of cotton wool on legs in the marsh fossicking around in formation. the parents weren't worried about a huge dusty black truck screeching to a slide on the gravel either. i am going to look up in dd's bird book to see where they come from as they have such interesting predator distraction behaviour.

Hey folks, thanks for the ideas, but y'know - I don't really miss cake....funny huh? If I really want some I will have it even if non primal, since I'm not actually allergic or anything. So today I did eat a slice of my apple pie, and it was pretty good if I say so myself. More butter than flour, haha

Today I got together with my mother and sister to plan our Christmas menu. We love doing this, and it gives us all a week or two to look forward to our feast. Whatever isn't primal is pretty delicious to make the indulgence worth it, and we have options so hopefully everyone will be happy, from the meat and vege crew, to the summer salad lovers, to the carboholics .

So here's what we're having Christmas Day (hopefully outside in the sunshine) -

Warm ham with fresh salsa
    New potatoes with spicy mayo dressing
    Hot buttered corn on the cob.
    Salmon rissoni salad.
    Strawberry and chicken salad.
    Greek salad (feta and olives etc).

Frozen mango cheesecake, Coffee creme eclairs, Pannacotta with cherries, and christmas pudding with custard.

I can't wait!!!

Seas, those chicks sound so CUTE.
    Last edited by Annieh; 12-05-2013 at 11:46 PM.

i found a GF sweet shortcrust pastry recipe which works. i made it with rice, tapioca and potato starch so if you ingnore the sugar. we exercise enough for it to not be a drama. it is totally primal since rice is primal and paleo now LOL so we now have the ability to make decent mince pies. there is also a proper scandinavian sponge cake which is naturally GF if you really want cake. sample recipe here but google for "scandinavian potato starch cake recipe" more Swedish birthday cake • The expat blog

do you buy mangos frozen or freeze fresh ones? we have xmas pudding and we will also have pavlova. or maybe some kind of trifle. still deciding. but i agree. it is very exciting. and i so cant wait for all the stone fruit. and gooseberries.

Gooseberries??? You mean those little round green ones? I LOVED them as a kid, but I have not seen them for years.

I am growing raspberries, well I mean we have had six so far. But it is exciting cos I didn't know I could but a friend gave me a piece and I stuck it in the ground and it grew. Next I looked - berries! hah

Mangoes ummm, my sister is making that one. I think she will buy fresh mango, stew it up into a kind of syrup and blend it throughout the cheesecake mix. But I could be completely wrong.

yes those gooseberries. and OMG when they ripen they go almost red and get really sweet. i poss will have to have a gooseberry crumble too. raspberries and gooseberries and maybe cherries are poss my fave fruit.

Gooseberry crumble would be amazing.

I have lots of favourite fruits, but yes cherries would be up there. Also apricots. I have no idea why I love them so much but I absolutely do. I might use nectarines or peaches in my salsa if they are available in time because I love them too. And watermelon. Summer fruits are so delicious.