Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 6

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I love that dress Annie. Do you have a pair of winter boots ????? were there other colours ??????
    I might have a wee look in Max today - althou i am still a bit too big to wear this sort of thing.
    yay for the fejoas. I haven't eaten one for years !!!!!!! Love them !!!!!!!
    One of my many brothers wore an op shop suit to my wedding - my mother was appaulled.......................... so I never told her about my shopping forays at the op !!!!!!!!
    I don't think you are "too big to wear this sort of thing" (although I admit I have never seen you, haha). But it is a very flattering cut and would look good on all sorts of sizes I think. I think it was the only colour (there may have been black, I would not have looked )

No, I do not have boots yet, or even shoes other than some flat red ones which are obviously not the go. So, what length would look best, the dress is knee length on me as I am only 5'4".

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I would take the dress with you when you go to buy boots. My last two pairs have been up to my knees, but I am a wee bit taller than you, so a shorter pair may be better. Would one of the DD's go with you to get the boots ?????
    Do you like to wear a heel, or flat ????, and have you got some nice scarves to change the look ?
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Even though I'm not tall I don't like to wear heels, just something a bit more than flat. I've never been keen on the boots with skirts look, but shoes and skirts are so grannyish. So yes I should just dress up and go.

No I don't have scarves but that's a good idea.

Hey, I am a bit excited. My instructor at the gym has offered to teach me how to lift heavy! Lil ole non-sporty me!!

also just having another look at the dress Annie - be a wee bit careful with the old see through look. Sometimes merino can be very thin, and it is quite embarrassing when you realise after wearing 2 dozen times...... that in certain lights you can see right through etc..... its easy to check, and black tights underneath would curb this one.

...small steps....

lol. I just bought a black slip today, that should give me an extra layer. And black 3/4 tights just in case.

woo hoo go Annie !!!!!!!!
    I am looking forward to getting a wee trainer here in CHCH - but will wait til I am back from America.
    Boots and skirts/dresses IMO look fantastic for the Autumn/winter/spring look. It is nice to change the look thou with scarves - and it can be a cheap way to get some colour in.

...small steps....

Category - Mi Piaci

did I post this link t'other day ????????
    I can't remember what my boots were called but they are similar to the latis.
    happy shopping !!!!!!!

...small steps....

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Love the Max Merino Wrap dress. That is really smart. Is it a see-through?

Selling feijoas sounds like a great idea, maybe to a local market. When a tree comes in it's impossible for one family to eat it before it rots.

lol, Crypto, my dress is not intended to be see-through. However I will wear a slip under it to be on the safe side, and to stop it clinging in an unflattering way.

I was just kidding about selling the feijoas. Locally everyone has a surplus at the same time and mine are only of very small size and quality, and the cost of shipping them without damage to the south island would be prohibitive. I can feel another batch of chutney coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Category - Mi Piaci

did I post this link t'other day ????????
    I can't remember what my boots were called but they are similar to the latis.
    happy shopping !!!!!!!
    Ooh, nice. I will see if Hannahs has something more in my price range.

Hey, why are you getting a trainer? What are you going to do?

Page 6 of 132 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast