Page 58 of 138 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 58

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Ok, been to Wellington and back. They do say you can't beat Wellington on a good day, and it was indeed gorgeous this morning. But yesterday ... another story. I imagine that Wellingtonians must learn to love the tussled hair look. Anything else doesn't seem possible.

It wasn't easy to stay primal on the road but in the end I was very glad of my McDonalds Angus burger at lunchtime yesterday (ditched the bun) as we ended up with no time for dinner before the party where I munched on hummus with carrot and celery sticks, camembert and some mini meatballs and tried to limit the rest.

Breakfast at the hotel surprised me with a few remarkably good options, so I had ham, cheese, the most fabulous stewed peach, and a fresh banana. Best orange juice ever and two cups of tea.

That fortified me for the rest of the day including the journey home. So glad to get back to my veges - found some roast pumpkin and pork waiting in the fridge to nibble on before cooking an amazing beef and vege omelette and a broccoli-cauliflower cheese. Feeling full

I had best intentions of doing Pilates today, but the video downloads kept getting interrupted, I know not why, and I only managed a warmup and half the flexibility track before giving up. Grrrrrr.

But overall, a lovely day here. Two girls at home and a Skype call with the other, so a good family time.

B: Pork with crackling and apple sauce.
    L: Egg, bacon.
    S: Banana, apple. Chocolate, raisins.
    D: Pumpkin soup.

Finally finished that pilates workout, that's number four.

This was on top of my tramping this morning. We finished a 2hour hike in one hour, so found another two short tracks to give us about 3 hours total and left the mountain just as the weather was closing in. It was a great morning spent with my dd, lots of talking along with the walking

Food has been pretty random, too much fruit and scroggin, off to cook steak and broccoli for dinner.

B: mushroom and cauliflower omelette. An apple.
    L: broccoli and cheese frittata. a banana.
    S: chocolate, raisins, cheese. a homemade cookie.
    D: Chilli mince and beans with nacho chips and grated cheese.

Not a very primal day, and definitely getting into a habit of snacking, allowing non-primal foods, and generally eating too much and not exercising enough. Recording here so that tomorrow's will look better.

Ok I have started the day with some pilates, even the beginner work is pretty tough for me so I have not yet completed all of the day 5 session, I may come back to it, but if not, i will try again in a day or two.

Almost made myself sick.

My daughter's birthday party entailed a cookie-making competition and as one of the judges I had to sample the results.

So that was about three very large (and must say mostly delicious) iced cookies. Not surprisingly I was not hungry this morning.

HOWEVER, I ate an iced cookie anyway and went to town. Shopping is my least favourite activity at the best of times, but this morning I was definitely not at my best - cranky, stressy over little details and then starting to feel decidedly nauseous. I think it was most definitely the sugar in my system, though tiredness will have come into it a bit too. I really did not feel good.

Just another timely reminder that I am always happier when I to stick with primal. Came home and ate quiche - aah, now I feel more normal.

Totally full of sunshine and fresh air today after the most beautiful afternoon down at the beach with my family. My wonderful husband has always loved sailing but it's taken me years to even consider it, let alone catch the bug. But today was so awesome I can actually imagine becoming (almost) as keen as he and number three daughter are. It was very romantic to be under sail, skimming across the waves on a sunny spring day, airplanes looping the loop in the blue skies above. Tired and happy now

Food - not especially primal: L: two eggs, bacon, cheese and apple, carrot sticks. Sugar laden snack after sailing: about three child-made chocolate cookies slathered in green icing, lol. And a few slices of cheese. D: Cream of vege soup.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-03-2013 at 02:15 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Annie, that is one cute wee sailing ship. I love sailing, and am so excited that you are getting the bug.
    Keep at it girl, and how are the pilates coming along????????
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Thanx Gwamma, yes it is cute isn't it? However I don't think it's ever been called a ship before My primal dream is to trail a fishing line behind us and bring our dinner home. Having never fished in my life I don't rate my chances, but I can dream.

Pilates have been a bit on hold wot with baby becoming teenager and needing two parties, and middle dd coming home for a week, and father having hernia op, and friend's four children needing babysitting while she visits dying grandfather...maybe tomorrow lol.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Thanx Gwamma, yes it is cute isn't it? However I don't think it's ever been called a ship before My primal dream is to trail a fishing line behind us and bring our dinner home. Having never fished in my life I don't rate my chances, but I can dream.

Pilates have been a bit on hold wot with baby becoming teenager and needing two parties, and middle dd coming home for a week, and father having hernia op, and friend's four children needing babysitting while she visits dying grandfather...maybe tomorrow lol.
    With the right bait you can catch anyone... er... anything.... Trail that fishing line!