Page 57 of 139 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 57

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 big challenges here - apple cucumbers and watermelons. The cucs always rot before they flower, and the watermelon just doesn't develop decent fruit. Tony wants to give up, but I really want those two buggers to grow, lol
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with the Pilates Annie - you might have just motivated me to stay in the cave and do a few exersize so this morning!!!!!!
    I have heard about this ribbon that has seeds impregnated from mitre 10. I am thinking that this cheats way of planting and thinning carrots might be the way to go ?????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I have heard about this ribbon that has seeds impregnated from mitre 10. I am thinking that this cheats way of planting and thinning carrots might be the way to go ?????????
    could you make your own with carrot seed and newspaper and wheat flour paste? i love home grown carrots but they wouldnt survive the bunnies or the horse here.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    could you make your own with carrot seed and newspaper and wheat flour paste? i love home grown carrots but they wouldnt survive the bunnies or the horse here.
    I will definitely look into it seas. I will price both lots, and yeah newspaper might work !!!!!!!

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I will definitely look into it seas. I will price both lots, and yeah newspaper might work !!!!!!!
    it does..... Toilet paper would work as well..... probably even better...

Darling Doc - toilet paper...... Now there's a thought...... In some countries they would use the second hand stuff..............

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Darling Doc - toilet paper...... Now there's a thought...... In some countries they would use the second hand stuff..............
    That way it's pre-fertilized.....

I don't use sed strips. I bought a seed planter a couple of years ago. I use it for just about everything. Even really small seeds like lettuce and cabbage etc.

Earthway Precision Garden Seeder

That way it's pre-fertilized.....
    i thought carrots didnt do well on too much nitrogen in the fertilizer? nifty looking gadget there doc. i have never seen one here.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i thought carrots didnt do well on too much nitrogen in the fertilizer? nifty looking gadget there doc. i have never seen one here.
    They get "fuzzy" with lots of root hairs in a high nitrogen environment, but used TP would "compost" pretty quick...

That little gizmo make planting soooooo much faster.... I also use a string tied to 2 tent stakes to use as a guide to make straight rows....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    they must exist here. i would need to look into it. i'm still at the stage of having a big potato bed as nothing is fenced yet. i have an acre even so i could put some good vege beds in too. i just need to predator fence them. fat horses, rabbits and pukeko being the main issues.