Page 56 of 138 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 56

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Never had a problem with the mint, however I have heard some wild mint stories.
    I remember growing up in Matamata we would often get the blight on the tomatoes, but here not an issue, however they need protection until November. We are still having the odd frost !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we cant grow tomatoes outdoors *sob* tomatoes out the garden are so good. i think we had a frost last week. the ground doesnt frost too bad near me as i am coastal but i had ice on the truck windscreen.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Frost? No way! We haven't had one at all this year.

we are way down south in te wai pounamu and where we are is especially cold. i think we had a freak mini heat wave today. all of maybe 24 or 27 deg and everyone i ran into was complaining about the heat.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Yep...... Sux to be me ....... But that is another story ...........
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Seas, that is a freaky temp alright.

it was a north wester so it started real cold. and then it got warmer and warmer. it is still warm now which is very rare. it usually chills down overnight which is another reason we struggle to grow certain things to eat here.

Pouring rain today. Would be very primal to go out in it, but other than feeding the chooks I plan to stay in the cave.

Better get some primal food going, my 20% has been far too prominent lately.

Might (might) also have another go at those pilates videos, better act as soon as family leave the house cos husband will be back after short meeting and then my opportunity to do it in privacy will be past.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    We have great tomatoes from the garden here - so lovely after spending a decade in Dunedin where we couldn't get anything to grow! My aunt lives in Auckland, above the treeline in the Waitakeres and she can't grow tomatoes there either, it just doesn't get warm enough.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My aunt lives in Auckland, above the treeline in the Waitakeres and she can't grow tomatoes there either, it just doesn't get warm enough.
    during my decade in auckland, i had buckets of tomatoes. unreal it is too cold above the waitaks. i may try some cherry tomatoes this year as we had such a warm summer last year. i even got a volunteer buttercup pumpkin on my compost heap ripen.