Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 54

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Collecting my raw milk today was especially fun - milking was over and the cows were back in the paddock, I had to walk right through the middle of the herd, and past an electric fence, to get to the cowshed.

L: Chicken and bacon quiche with veges and cheese (HUGE).
    S: Piece of dark choc.
    D: Sweet and sour pork and kumara, green peas. Grapefruit juice.
    For supper a piece of my Mum's coconut and peach slice.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Collecting my raw milk today was especially fun - milking was over and the cows were back in the paddock, I had to walk right through the middle of the herd, and past an electric fence, to get to the cowshed.

L: Chicken and bacon quiche with veges and cheese (HUGE).
    S: Piece of dark choc.
    D: Sweet and sour pork and kumara, green peas. Grapefruit juice.
    For supper a piece of my Mum's coconut and peach slice.
    You just pegged my sarcasm meter, I think..... lol.... Walking close to an electric fence beside an animal that can push you around like a rag doll doesn't sound like a fun time to me! Having been "bitten" a number of times by my electric fence, I can tell you a "fun" time it is not!

Haha, the animals had no intentions of pushing me around like a rag doll, they just moved out of my way as I passed through the middle, kind of like the parting of the Red Sea! The fence was one of those that you have to grasp the handle and unlink it from the other fence without touching the wire and then relink so as not to let the cows out I was really out of place being dressed in skirt and sandals (again) but it was definitely fun. Then do it all in reverse carrying 6litres of milk.

Today someone mistook me for my daughter - from a distance, admittedly. I should be flattered as she is gorgeous (if I say so myself). But evidently I still haven't managed to put a look together for myself which is stylish enough without being "girlish". Better try again.

L: Two eggs, bacon, roast potato, banana.
    Snacks: raisins and chocolate, brazil nuts.
    D: Beef satay, rice and broccoli - fresh from my very own garden!! Grapefruit juice - ditto.
    Last edited by Annieh; 10-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Haha, the animals had no intentions of pushing me around like a rag doll, they just moved out of my way as I passed through the middle, kind of like the parting of the Red Sea!
    just watch the dairy bulls LOL they are almost always aggro as. i miss raw milk but i cant be stuffed driving all over town to get it. i made potato salad tonight with genuine new potatoes. jersey bennes and garlic scaups from my garden instead of chives. i didnt even get to eat any as the kids ate it all before i realised it was gone.

Oh no, I love new potatoes, I hope you have some more.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we have some left and there are more in the shops. $11/kg tho. eeek!! i prefer them boiled and eaten with a bit of butter and salt and pepper to stuffed up in potato salad myself which was why i wasnt quick enough to get any.

Today someone mistook me for my daughter - from a distance, admittedly. I should be flattered as she is gorgeous (if I say so myself).
    when my oldest was a teen, i just happened to be outside in one of her long sleeve tshirts getting something out of my car. some teen boy wandered past and yelled hey at who he thought was her. this was before the rise of the cougar LOL the poor boy nearly died when he realised it was me and i laughed at him.

That is so funny Seas

First real tramp in a month today. Wet, cold...but I was out there
    Gym yesterday, so finally getting some more movement in.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey Annieh!
    Nice to see you are still going strong - how are things in your half of the world?
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast