Page 53 of 137 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 53

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool
    Fun stuff! Crazy is good.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    I can see how that would be cool in a couple of ways..... cool, as in breezy in the skirt.... and cool as in fun, awesome time! Some days it pays to let your crazy out a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Fun stuff! Crazy is good.
    Thanks guys, I knew people here would get it. I certainly wasn't going to turn down a literally once-in-a-lifetime opportunity just cos I didn't wear leather jeans to the church picnic, lol.

Actually, it was a "mystery tour" and I definitely never imagined it would end the way it did.

Luckily (?) I was halfway down the road before I thought about my friend who just spent a week in intensive care after an accident in which his bike landed on him while fortunately his son was thrown off with barely a scratch. This was after I already let my 12yo dd have a ride too, only wearing tshirt shorts and jandals.

But yeah, our rides ended safely and it was exhilarating.
    Last edited by Annieh; 10-06-2013 at 01:51 AM.

B: Two fried eggs.
    L: Bacon and egg pie. A pear. Grapefruit juice.
    D: Bacon wrapped chicken breast with pesto, cheese and tomato paste. Asparagus, cauliflower and a new potato from my garden.

Fetched my raw milk again today. With that and all the eggs we're getting (collecting from our neighbours as well at present), garden silverbeet and grapefruit it is all feeling very wholesome and primal right now. A bit of actual flour in my pie but I'm not too worried, something has to hold the eggs and bacon.

Last night was also a 20%er being fish and chips, but at least I peeled off the batter.

Off to the gym tomorrow.
    Last edited by Annieh; 10-06-2013 at 02:02 AM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Luckily (?) I was halfway down the road before I thought about my friend who just spent a week in intensive care after an accident in which his bike landed on him while fortunately his son was thrown off with barely a scratch. This was after I already let my 12yo dd have a ride too, only wearing tshirt shorts and jandals.
    you are a rebel A! 2 funny. i ride the hog in my daisys sometimes if i am close to it without jeans on. but not very often and never far. altho logically the most dangerous bit as there are all sorts of side roads and the main road with all the tourists on. i do not stress about it as well, you need to live your life. and the only time i worry irrationally is when i am out diving in the cold dark rip ridden water and i see a huge shadow and think SHARK!!!!!

i am jealous you are getting new potatoes already. mine i can see the tops just starting to come up. we're down to the nasty organic desirees are they from the organic vege store in town? red skin sorta floury. PIA to bake as they have black spots randomly in them which you can cut out if you are boiling them.

i got a weeks membership free to our local woman's gym which i have been going to. i have attempted a group fitness class but they are all at the wrong times. way too funny as the dumbbells only go to 14kgs and no squat rack either or olympic bar with big plates to deadlift.i have so missed all the out of it cardio machines and the inner and outer thigh machines. not to mention the flash hot high pressure showers and the sauna. it is like $17/week tho so i am not sure i can justify it when my gym is $10

Seas I don't think it is at all irrational to think shark when one sees a huge shadow in the cold dark water!

Don't be jealous of my new potatoes, that was the sum total of my crop, just a self sown one that I pulled out with the weeds, haha. The ones I put just outside the back door for sprouting got blown away in a gale and I had to rummage round the yard till I found half of them. I still don't know where the others ended up, unless it was actually a tornado and flung them over the fence into the next door driveway.

Pity that your group fitness classes are at the wrong times, they are my favourite part of belonging to a gym. Apart from the showers, way better than mine so sometimes it's worth going to workout just for the shower afterwards.

That's a big price difference so enjoy your free week, and if you realise it's not really your style after all then all the better.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we're on tank water so the showers will always be better than mine. the only bonus with home is no chlorine on my hair or skin. still havent made a group fitness class. too many small children and work. but i am having a bit of a love affair with the cross trainer.

I don't mind the cross trainer but I really hate the other one that just goes along level - like those travelators in airports? It literally gives me motion sickness. The rowing machine is the most fun for me.

Today was a kid-free day for us so my dh decided to take me out for lunch. First we drove to the other side of town so we could walk 4k to the eatery, have our burger and walk the 4k back again.

The burger was excellent - a huge beef pattie, two pieces of bacon, beetroot relish and few salady bits and pieces. I brought the enormous bun home for the chickens.

But the chips were a revelation. They were very nicely cooked, golden and a good texture, but I could TASTE the canola (or whatever) oil on them. It was a really strange taste, and no longer actually pleasant to me. Fortunately the burger was so filling I wasn't relying on them to fill me up, but I think it's a little bit sad that some former treats just aren't any more.

Tried a beginners pilates video today. Can I keep up the 30day programme? Watch this space.

Encouraging dd to work on her splits, took a "before pic" - it doesn't look promising but I am ever the optimist.

Beginner pilates 2, done and dusted.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Power class today for the first time in three weeks, oh how I have missed it and how I enjoyed it. The lady next to me was using even more weight on her bar than I do, that has got me motivated! I did the class in a fasted state and didn't eat till about 3pm as I was locked out of the house!! Really it wasn't hard to do and I might try it again tomorrow.

My measurements (if not my weight) have been creeping up a bit. I bought a new skirt today and it's super tight, so now I can't afford to go up any more. Another good incentive I hope.