Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 52

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    One day I aspire to make a HFW version of the turducken...
    I love the ceremony when they carry it in on a stretcher! And everyone cheers. Brilliant.

Wishing I hadn't had a sourdough pancake for breakfast. Sore tummy, nasty smells. Oh well so much for that experiment.

Lunch was a turkey drumstick and some leftover pumpkin bake. So, bake to primal again.

Yesterday in an attempt to use up a surplus of milk I made my first ever baked custards, quite the success. Knowing that my husband doesn't like custard I called them "creme brulee" instead. He seemed to like it though he did ask "has this got custard in it?" Ha, ha. I simply reassured him that it didn't have custard "in" it. Sneaky huh?

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    you will be feeding him horse lasagne next A!! LOL i saw some proper lacto fermented sourdough bread when we were away skiing and very almost got some as an experiment but i just couldnt quite get my head around risking it. it would be so much easier if the kids could eat wheat bread and the WAPF people always go on about properly prepared grains which sounds so seducing.

Lol Seas, you make me laugh. Just as long as I don't asphyxiate us both first. Phew, the results of that sourdough were pungent indeed. The bedroom needed a good airing this morning, and I was only glad that we both made it through the night. I don't expect to succumb to that "properly prepared grains" propaganda again for a good long time.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    LOL at the custard.

I get the same response to bread. No pain, just wind. Since my corner store closed down, it's happening much less. No more nights where I don't feel like cooking because a yummy po'boy is a half block away. I guess one man's bankruptcy is another woman's gluten free existence.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    LMAO yes but luckily i dont get wind, i just get tired and bad tempered. ive never fallen for the properly prepared legumes arguement as i dont like them so i dont care how they are prepared. on the subject of not custards, you can make those self saucing cakes gluten free very easily.

Feeling all hippie today:

Juiced a batch of grapefruit.
    Stewed up a pot of rhubarb and honey.
    Scrambled some totally fresh eggs.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Feeling all hippie today:

Juiced a batch of grapefruit.
    Stewed up a pot of rhubarb and honey.
    Scrambled some totally fresh eggs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool

ssn679doc is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Rode on the back of a Harley today, in a skirt and bare legs, with a dude I just met. I was terrified and now I can't believe I was that crazy. But it was sooooooooooo cool
    I can see how that would be cool in a couple of ways..... cool, as in breezy in the skirt.... and cool as in fun, awesome time! Some days it pays to let your crazy out a bit...