Page 46 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 46

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post

I work much better in the mornings, haha. Peaceful house, clear head. Heat the milk, sterilise the jars, check temp in the slow cooker. Everything came together and the husband and daughter drenched their breakfast in it this morning so I call that a win.
    Congrats on your yogurt

If you have raw milk, couldn't you leave it out overnight and let it turn into yogurt without heating? When we had raw milk, I didn't need to heat it, it's naturally sour and yummy the next day.

By the way, I also like to do kitchen stuff in the early mornings before everyone wakes up. So peaceful...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Thanks.

I haven't yet tried letting my raw milk go sour - though it's so cold here I think it would be unlikely to happen overnight.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Thanks.

I haven't yet tried letting my raw milk go sour - though it's so cold here I think it would be unlikely to happen overnight.
    Ah, that's right. Yes, our milk went sour overnight because it was hot and humid outside (high 20s celsius).

EmmaM is offline Member
    Gorgeous pics. Terrain reminds me of Far North Queensland, though of course climate and vegetation quite different
    I don't mind driving, but don't love it. I pretty much have to drive to town - it's 40km away, no public transport. But around home we walk virtually everywhere. It's nicer, and easier to whack the toddler in the stroller than get her in and out of the car for a 2-min trip. I used to ride my bike everywhere, but since moving here and having the baby have swapped that for walking.
    Hurrah for the yoghurt! Glad they're enjoying it.

Yes, all my tramping lately has been in the Egmont National Park ie in a ring around the mountain. We do have other tracks but my friends are not so interested in them, if I want to do them I will have to find someone else to go with But that's ok, we have not exhausted this area yet.

Kokowai means the red ochre colour that can stain the rocks in the river - despite walking alongside this river for 2 1/2 hours (uphill) this week, we did not see any red rocks, in fact we could barely see in front of our noses. It was admittedly beautiful but I still have to go back on a fine day, when everything is not shrouded in mist.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Lovely pics Annie - I can feel the peace of the place. I always get a thrill when I come over your way - something about the mountain and the sea close together. 'My' mountain (not nearly as big) was almost invisible this morning. The legend here is about fairies inhabiting it, and days like this I believe it.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

That's a nice legend. Ours has it that if you can see the mountain clearly then it's going to rain. If you can't, then it IS raining.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Yet again, lovely pictures, Annie.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Strangely that's led me to finding an answer to what/where Tir na n-Og is, heard it in a song by The Saw Doctor's and always meant to look it up!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Raining again here today. I'm so over it!! It's funny watching people in the other threads starting to complain of changing seasons towards autumn - we're getting daffodils and blossom coming out and it's really exciting.

Tir na n-Og is a key feature of the Kevin O'Hearn books about Atticus the druid. I love those books . Everywhere I turn at the moment I'm getting reminders about taking time out in the bush. And yet here I am, huddled inside with the heater on, marking essays!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Page 46 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast