Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 45

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No, you're not odd. It's we that choose convenience over health that are odd.

Love going through pics myself. For me it was grandparents and great grandparents that all lived to their 80s+, then both my parents died in their 70s. Scary stuff with me so old and all. That's great on your daughter's acne. Such a tough thing to live through at such a tough time in life. (I.e., I wouldn't be a teenager again for just about anything!)
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Some things I've learnt through eight months of not having a car:

1. It costs as much to feed a car as it does to feed a person.
    2. There IS time to walk.
    3. Riding the bus can be a social occasion.
    4. Sharing is caring - one car between two people can suffice.
    5. I don't actually LIKE driving.
    6. Life can be more peaceful at a walking pace.

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    only yesterday i was thinking that i would have a riot if i made the kids walk to school. it is a mere 3.1 ks away and there are no buses. when i was a kid we walked that distance without batting an eyelid. now the whole neighbourhood would think my kids were neglected if i made them walk which i think is really quite sad. i actually like driving too but only manuals. i dont like cars that change gear on their own. positively freaky. ITA about the cost of running a car. fuel costs are my 2nd biggest bill after food. and i could feed an extra very well fed person on my diesel bill. i could also stay home more.

Yoghurt success:

I work much better in the mornings, haha. Peaceful house, clear head. Heat the milk, sterilise the jars, check temp in the slow cooker. Everything came together and the husband and daughter drenched their breakfast in it this morning so I call that a win.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    The fuel costs are bad enough here, but the sting of the MOT, insurance and road tax hurt as well, (but the cost of the tax depends on how green your car)! I'm not a big fan of driving either, only learnt when my boss at the time said learn or goodbye!

S, it's a shame that kids don't walk as much these days, it was the same when I was a kid, me and two mates had a 4 mile round trip to school every day, we used to have a good laugh doing it as well, and wouldn't dream of asking for a lift of the oldies, knowing what the answer would be!

It was easy to tell when we were on track today - that's where the water was. Puddles underfoot, waterfalls overhead...we ended up wet and cold but it was a real adventure and it took us five hours but we walked the track we have been talking about for months. Woohoo.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    I don't drive. I don't want to drive (passed my test and have a licence in TWO countries). I get scared when other people drive. It's a handicap.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard! 3D printed miniatures for sci-fi RPGs.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Nice photos again Annie, lush.

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I don't drive. I don't want to drive (passed my test and have a licence in TWO countries). I get scared when other people drive. It's a handicap.
    I used to cycle most places, so rarely used the car, I've just jacked in playing bass in a band, so needed me car to get me gear around, also the bus service in Bristol is pants and uber expensive so there are times when the car comes in handy, even if it is a pain!

seaweed is online now Senior Member
    awesome pics Annie. I so need to get into my local tracks and trails book and do one every weekend i dont have the kids. are these all in the 'naki? most of my local tracks in my hood across private land are closing soon for lambing so it will be a good excuse to go further afield. and DD i used to enjoy walking to school. the road from here to school is a tad dubious on the safety side. i do walk it but there are a few blind rises and spots where you can get sun strike that you need to be very aware on. that said, no one has ever been hit walking on it altho i have heard of a few near misses.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Making yoghurt for him now, fingers crossed that it works. If so that will be yoghurt at $2 a litre instead of anywhere up to $8-10. And better stuff too.
    Yogurt-making at home saves so much money. Yogurt here is in that price range.

Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast