Page 42 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 42

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh right, pasteurised but not by you. Thats not lazy, in fact it seems sensible. Why buy raw milk if I'm only going to pasteurise it anyway? Perhaps because it is cheaper than the whole organic (though not cheaper than the regular homogenised).

EmmaM is offline Member
    Beautiful pics. It's great how you get out and see so much of your countryside.
    Is the yoghurt you are making similar to natural yoghurt? What will you use it for once it's ready?

I'm not a huge eater of yoghurt actually. But my dh often has it for breakfast with muesli, and my dd sometimes.

They hate the natural yoghurt - too tart - and I hate buying the low fat high sugar brands - too sweet and full of additives. I used to compromise by mixing the two.

So if I can get this recipe to succeed on a regular basis they will eat it (I might need to add a little honey) and it will actually be cheaper as well as more natural. DD could also use it in after school smoothies if she wanted.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Ah, I see. Am sure you'll find success.
    I don't like natural yoghurt either, except on curries.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    What a stunning day to get lost in the backblocks. I was on a mission to collect some more milk and in my unsuccessful attempt to take a more direct route, discovered this historic and beautiful spot:

We eventually did get our milk, it's even creamier than last time, which I hardly believed possible and I am racking my brains for how to separate the cream off and turn it into butter. We also bought a kilo of tamarillos from a roadside stall, they are tart but delicious.

In other healthy news, I had to make a visit to check on my inlaws little house while they're away - so rather than drive I chose to get in some exercise, the walk took about half hour each way.

That's on top of walking into town yesterday - a good 45 mins - which makes for a lot of walking this week. There was my tramp on Tuesday, then on Wednesday I carried a full backpack of groceries home from town after already having a walk with a friend. I think the weather is having a good effect on me.

And I'm very excited that my friend, who really really needs to, has been recommended by her doctor to eat protein, greens and fat at every meal. I have told her this but she was not ready, now after doing it for 10 days she is feeling so much better, I could totally tell she was more positive in every way even before she told me what she was doing. So excited and happy for her as she has a busy life with children and more than their share of sickness, I'm sure she will be healthier eating more primally.

DD cooked a curry pumpkin dish for dinner, it was great!

B: Cheese and vege omelette.
    L: Bacon, apple and leftover roast veges. Boiled egg, tamarillo, glass of raw milk.
    D: Schnitzel and pumpkin curry dish.

Non-primally, my parents called in. They were hungry and had brought a loaf of bread with them which we toasted and I slathered in butter for them, then made their cup of tea with my wonderful fresh creamy milk. I was annoyed they fed bread to the girls as well, they weren't even hungry but were not going to turn it down. Aaah well, it was a lovely visit nevertheless.

Another, unfortunately slightly tipsy, view of the bridge, just in case I never find it again:

The weather is so warm that we did not even turn the heater on this evening. Only the third of August but it feels like spring already!

And today was a two-egg day.
    What beautiful photos!

By the way, so envious that you have access to raw milk.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Annieh, are you still having digestive issues with the raw milk? Because I'm having them too, and I was wondering if the cause might be the milk I drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Annieh, are you still having digestive issues with the raw milk? Because I'm having them too, and I was wondering if the cause might be the milk I drink?
    Nope, all good now. I'm blaming the cabbage. Although, I have also scaled back the drinking milk by the glassful - But i have found it is a great thing to have when I think the coming meal is not going to be quite primal or satisfying enough for me or quite soon enough
    Last edited by Annieh; 08-10-2013 at 09:22 PM.

500 Paleo Recipes.

My sister gave me this book for my birthday. So far I have made the orange-almond "rice" which I prefer to call a warm salad. It was absolutely fabulous and I finished it off for breakfast. I made something else too, and I'm sure it was successful but blowed if I can remember right at this moment.

So, 498 recipes to go.

To do:

Buy next batch of raw milk
    Buy more free range eggs
    Plant some parsley plants and my plum tree
    Find someone else who wants to share a beef cow
    Think about raising baby chickens

Oh and play the piano for two hours a day minimum till my exam in a fortnight.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Think about raising baby chickens
    are you going to eat them? i got one part of the back yard rotary hoed at the weekend so i am gonna plant all my maori potatoes when it stops raining.

Page 42 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast