Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 36

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    B: Sliced fresh pear, homemade yoghurt, sprinkle of coconut chips.
    L: Two hardboiled eggs, one glass raw milk, pumpkin soup.
    S: Pear, cheese, chocolate. Also leftover beef and vege soup (the smoky one!).
    D: Two oven baked lamb neck chops, with apple/onion/carrot/parsnip/pumpkin/potato.

Digestion still not back to normal. Starting to doubt the fish and chips could still be responsible. The other thing I have changed of course is the milk. I thought that would be easily digested, but perhaps not?

Almost primal baking - I made an apple shortcake using a mix of flour/ground LSA/tapioca starch for the crust. It came up lovely, I had only the barest taste because I'm being strict this week, but the family approved.
    Last edited by Annieh; 07-26-2013 at 07:08 PM.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Apple shortcake sounds divine. Don't think I'd be able to resist like you have. Though am very glad primal eating includes heaps of satisfying food so going without so-called 'treats' doesn't really feel like deprivation

It is a little bit hard to resist, but only because it's so nearly primal. However, I know that I can make another one, fully primal, some time whenever I like so I will save my appetite till then. Meanwhile I am feeding the family better than they would usually have and have finally used up the flour my dd bought which annoys me sitting in the pantry.

On the whole though, I just don't feel deprived at all with this way of eating. I have occasionally had a home baked cookie if I wanted it, counting it my 20%. Sometimes they're worth it, but this week I'm still getting over last weekend's takeaways - that really WASN'T worth it and if I hadn't had them I could be eating shortcake now. Aah well.

B: Two fried eggs and a lamb chop.
    L: Two carrot fritters, juice of seven grapefruit - see if that helps get my system moving!

I'm smiling today because It's my birthday and my dh bought me a plum tree. I will plant it in the middle of the chicken's area, with some netting down so they cannot scratch up the roots. It will - eventually, being just three bare sticks right now - camouflage my neighbour's concrete shed with beautiful leaves and blossoms, give shade to the chickens and bear fruit for Christmas. I can't wait!

My birthday lunch was farmkilled roast beef, pumpkin bake, ham, roast parsnip. For my cake I requested pav and my dh made a beauty. There were cup cakes and pie and jelly but I ignored them and just had the pavlova and cream. All that sugar is making me a bit sleepy, but hey, who cares?

My sister bought me the cutest apron in Italy, it's not polka dots but lemons which are even more primal IMO.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Happy Birthday Annieh!
    The plum tree sounds cool, as does the food!

Hope you had a great day!

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Happy birthday to you
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm!

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Happy birthday!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Birthday salutations Annie!

Got a Victoria plum tree in my back yard, I've got fruit out of it twice in about 14 years, they were lush as well, just wish it would bear fruit more often!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Happy birthday! Enjoy the day... do something fun.....

joapple is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Happy Birthday!!! I hope that you've had a wonderful day

Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast