Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 35

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks seaweed, shows how much I know. But lots of maize does get grown though, so what's it for? I thought silage. Or does it get turned into cornflakes? haha.

My milk is about 20km away, so 40km round trip, although only 30km out of my way if I'm already in town. Trying to think of other messages to do out in that direction, or sharing transport with a neighbour. Meanwhile, we are ploughing through it, I think I will start gaining even more weight if I'm not careful. But it's the perfect breakfast or snack for my growing 12yo.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I tried the non-homegonised milk, and although it's probably nowhere as good as the stuff you get straight from the cow, I found it a lot richer, and creamier than 'normal' milk. I'll be using it a lot more often, thanks!!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    But lots of maize does get grown though, so what's it for? I thought silage. Or does it get turned into cornflakes? haha.
    LOL no goes to show what i know!! Maize silage | DairyNZ i have always seen silage made from hay which is sorta fermented and it smells real strongly rank almost. they tend to do bailage around here which is bailed hay into big plastic rounds but it smells sweet. poss as we have no big dairy farms around here and all the farmers i know do beef cattle which will skew my view totally. bar one who grazes pregnant dairy cows over the winter and they get grass, bailage ( made of hay ) and they strip graze turnips or brassicas. the ones this winter come from down south and are jerseys. incredibly pretty cows. i have volunteered to milk any that have their calves early before they go home.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad you are enjoying your raw milk - there is nothing like it! My kids have a glass at each meal every day - they LOVE it, always have. DS likes his warmed up so I just pour a little shot of water from the kettle to bring it to about body temperature and then he will suck it down at top speed I find that a glass of milk is so satisfying if I am feeling like I need a snack but don't want to eat anything.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I thought I'd gained weight but thankfully the scales say otherwise and I'm glad to note that my very bad pregnant-looking tummy bloat is gradually subsiding. It's been five days since I ate those fish and chips and I'm STILL constipated. Grr. that'll teach me. It's not as if I even enjoyed them that much. Certainly not as much as tonight's butter chicken

L: Quiche (pumpkin, leek, mushroom, cheese, eggs and milk). Banana with runny homemade strawberry yoghurt. Glass of raw milk
    S: A pear. A thick slice of cheese. Several squares of dark chocolate.
    D: Butter chicken (chicken, spices, yoghurt, butter, tomatoes, coconut cream).

The family also had dessert of fresh fruit salad with my homemade yoghurt. I'm rapt that they seem to like it even more than shop bought. This is a plus because it's both cheaper and (I believe) healthier and they do eat a lot of it.

Soulrunner is offline Member
    Home Village Milk I have a raw milk vending machine 2k down the road from my house, it's awesome. 24/7 milk.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrunner View Post
    Home Village Milk I have a raw milk vending machine 2k down the road from my house, it's awesome. 24/7 milk.
    That is a sweet idea.... but here in the States, our overlording nanny government wouldn't allow it.... gods forbid you carry raw milk across a line drawn on a map!

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    gods forbid you carry raw milk across a line drawn on a map!
    Ah, but the physical line might have some strange geothermic, chemical altering properties!

It's the same over here law wise, it's tight as, and I believe it's still illegal in Scotland, period.

I'm still struggling to find it local to me, and I live fairly near to farming country!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Ah, but the physical line might have some strange geothermic, chemical altering properties!

It's the same over here law wise, it's tight as, and I believe it's still illegal in Scotland, period.

I'm still struggling to find it local to me, and I live fairly near to farming country!
    you sir are a genius! It can only be explained by the concept of PFM..... the milk will get poisoned when you cross a state boundry by PFM.... Pure Freakin Magik! <facepalm> Why dinst I thunk of it by me lonesome!

Coll is offline Senior Member
    LOL, you guys are funny! Got to watch out for that dangerous milk - runs screaming from the stuff that nurtures whole cultures with no heart disease, cancer or high bloodpressure (thinking of the Maasai who live almost exclusively on dairy and blood!)

I am hoping to eventually have our own 'vending machine' for raw milk - a little friendly cow
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 218 lbs
    S.T. goals: stabilize hormones, JUDDD, sleep early and long
    LTG: Find my sweet spot with which foods work for me and start losing weight
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

Just take it one bite at a time ...

Page 35 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast