Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 33

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    What I did today was built a worm farm.

That is to say I found a polystyrene box, put some compost, a few vege peelings and a few wriggly worms inside, and a towel on top, and put it outside my kitchen door.

My cunning plan is that the worms will eat the scraps that the fussy chickens don't like, multiply prolifically, and then I will feed them to the chickens who will convert their protein into eggs on a daily basis.
    not to mention the worm poo for the garden!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Yes. And I also need to find a container the right size to collect the wee.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    Hi Annie! I have a book that you might like called The Permaculture Home Garden by Linda Woodrow. It's Aussie so the seasonal info is a little closer to home for you than UK/US books. Anyway, in it she explains a lot about worm farming and chooks in the garden - and how you can do the two together.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Cool Annie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Hi Annie! I have a book that you might like called The Permaculture Home Garden by Linda Woodrow. It's Aussie so the seasonal info is a little closer to home for you than UK/US books. Anyway, in it she explains a lot about worm farming and chooks in the garden - and how you can do the two together.
    B, thanks so much for the recommendation. I see my library holds this book, I will request it

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    Cool Annie!!!
    Thanks for sharing my enthusiasm. It's nice.
    Last edited by Annieh; 07-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Confession time: Listing the non-primal foods I have been ingesting, for the sake of record.

Fish and chips, battered pineapple ring, tomato sauce, lemonade. Bread. Muesli. Rice. Chocolate chips straight from the packet, peanut butter, jam. Also have been eating more of snacks than meals - chocolate, cheese, raisins, nuts, and not enough of veges.

One thing that strikes me about this list - there's really nothing too terrible on it. It could almost be a standard eating plan. My how my standards have changed.

Secondly, Most of it I didn't even really enjoy - not in the way that I enjoy my delicious primal meals. I only used the bread to soak up the bacon drippings in the pan, and though I thought I would love it, I have lost the taste for it. So that's a good thing to discover.

Result - not disastrous really, but feeling less than my primal best. Bloated, blocked up and continually hungry. I don't like feeling this way and know that proper primal eating prevents it. So, back to basics today.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Oh a hate the feeling that eating junk gives!!!!

A primal food day.

L: Two eggs, two slices bacon, granny smith apple, 1/2 banana.
    S: Two bowls smoky (ie burnt-to-the-bottom-of-the-pot flavoured) beef and vegetable soup.
    D: Meat and lots of vegetables in the shape of Cottage Pie (Mince mix was onion, carrot, mince, herbs, tomato paste and peas. Topping was combined mash of potatoes, parsnip and pumpkin with sour cream and pepper. Grated cheese sprinkled over all. I baked it in the pan I had used for the bacon this morning, mmm that extra flavour from the bacon fat).
    Dessert was a few slices of fresh pineapple.

I caught myself going to the pantry or fridge a few times out of habit, but I just reminded myself that it wasn't mealtime yet. I wasn't really hungry, I have just let myself get into a bad habit even through I know that I feel so much better on proper meals with larger intervals than when I graze.

No chocolate today, just to prove I can do it.

Shopping for my milk tomorrow. Excited.

EmmaM is offline Member
    No chocolate! Brave woman! Sometimes I have no-chocolate days but only when I don't have access to it so am forced to go without
    Well done too on the consciously avoiding mindless eating.

Thanks Emma. Another good day today. In fact, a great day! I bought my A+ farm fresh milk, met the farmer and saw his beautiful mixed breed cows in a distant field. Then I came home with my dd and we shared a cool drink, it was the best milk I ever tasted. And truly all I needed for an entire meal. Several bottles now sitting in the fridge, all with an amazing thick layer of rich cream rising to the top.

B: One glass raw milk!!!
    L: Grilled bacon, scrambled eggs with cheese, fried apple slices.
    S: Two squares chocolate and three almonds.
    D: Baked chicken thigh with onion, carrot, potato, mango and steamed green beans. FULL UP.
    Last edited by Annieh; 07-22-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Page 33 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast