Page 31 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 31

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    OK, this is not at all primal. But, my dd is going to be head girl of her intermediate school next term. She is so excited, even though she is not supposed to know about it yet. However she was sitting right next to me in the car when her deputy principal rang me with the news and she recognised his voice even through the back of the cell phone. I was trying to be all calm, "yes... good...thankyou for telling me..." but she knew straight away. So it's great news but we have to keep it quiet till it's announced in assembly on the first day of term which is two weeks away. Needless to say, I am very proud of her and you guys are the first to know. Ssshhh don't tell

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Awwwww congrats DD!!! How exciting!!

Coll is online now Senior Member
    How exciting for you and her!! Lovely news - well done (whispering!)
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Making soap during a power cut.

No sooner had I added the lye to the water (which creates a reaction that makes it get hot), than I realised I could not use the stove to warm my olive oil. My loving DH took a break from his computer to fetch me a camp stove from the basement and hold it steady while the oil warmed. Next problem, still no power to run my stick blender, so I had to whisk my mixture by hand. The result was a LOT softer than my first mixture a few weeks ago, but I poured it into the moulds anyway.

24 hours later, I'm still waiting to see whether it will set firmly enough to cut into bars or whether I have somehow created more of a liquid soap. Fingers crossed.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Congrats to your amazing daughter! Keeping an eye on SoapWatch 2013.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Coll is online now Senior Member
    The adventures of soap making in the middle of a power outage! Hope it is firm enough to use the way you wanted ...
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Reminds me that I need to get some more goat milk soap from my friend! I love homemade soap.

Congratulations to your DD! And to you! You must be so proud.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    Annieh, I didn't know you made soap!

Could you explain the process, briefly?

Soapwatch update: Soap mix has lightened in colour and become a little firmer which is a promising sign.

Traveller, brief explanations of soap making don't seem to exist. Here's the method I followed: Lye-Ability: Making Castile Soap First batch was successful, I am still reserving judgment on the second.

Annie planted an Apple tree. That sounds like the first page of a children's picture book

It was an absolutely gorgeous winter day and I was stranded at home while my tramping buddies went up to the snow However once I braced myself to get out in the garden I didn't want to come in again. The planting hole didn't need to be particularly big but the whole area was badly messy with weeds and trailing bits of wisteria vine so it took me quite a while.

Here's hoping my tree will like its new home and produce lots of organic fruit for me. One day. (Patience is not my strongest suit).

Page 31 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast