Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 3

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Absolutely, G. And you can carry my purchases too, if you like.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Absolutely, G. And you can carry my purchases too, if you like.
    brilliant - count me in.............
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ok, so what are your favourite shops?

I do in fact have daughter's graduation to attend.

But seeing as said daughter intends to pursue even more education at even more expensive institution on other side of world, and next daughter has another year at uni but studylink is slow to be forthcoming with her payments, not to mention third dd coming up the ranks also, I may just wear the same dress I bought for niece's 21st.

But there's no harm in looking.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i rarely go look in the shops as i just cringe at the price of new clothes as i know how much value they lose second hand. good example, i can get a pair of true religions of trademe for $40. they are pushing $400 new. the only new pair of jeans i could get for $40 would be a pair from glassons. i have a washing machine and i know how to use it!

i do like occasionally, seasonally LOL go and look at all the different looks in places. i always check out magazines and then it is trademe all the way. i did learn very early on, when in doubt, try to go find something of the same label and try it on. things will hang differently on me to the model. things will hang differently when they are on. etc. i do like glassons tho for long sleeved merino t-shirts. the other thing to remember with second hand clothes on line is always get measurements. they changed all the sizes about 8 years ago, an old 10 is like an 8 now in some makes of jeans ( eg levis or lee ) inside legs can get professionally shortened and no one tells you is another good one. the rise effects the waist size so low rise you will need a bigger waist than mid or high rise.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    we have some fantastic shops down here in Chch and also Rangiora. I am very conservative when it comes to clothes, and often buy clothes that I think I will still be wearing in a few years time - in fact that is always the case !!!!!!
    Sometimes when I do find something that I really like - I go back and get a second one !!!!!!!! How sad am I .................
    I am sure you will have some nice shops where you are Annie. I can't remember how tall you are ???? but I do remember that you are quite slim, so I agree with Seas - go and try on all sorts.............. and enjoy
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes when I do find something that I really like - I go back and get a second one !!!!!!!! How sad am I .................
    you know i reckon the worst thing about getting clothes second hand is you cant get a second one if you like it. so i can never get another pair of my fave TRs or my black 632 levis. which is very annoying as i have had to have both pairs mended. my little dpm dress as well. or my little black furry hooded top shop jacket. so no not sad at all.

Feijoa season is here with a vengeance. Loads of fruit are falling off my tree every day.

So, first I have been grovelling around under the tree to pick them up, and then spending vast amounts of time cutting them in half and scooping out the flesh, as well as bagging up five dozen to give away at the church social tonight.

We've eaten them fresh, stewed them, made them into muffins and baked a feijoa crumble so enormous that even after 15 people shared it for dessert there were still leftovers.

Still there is half a boxful on my kitchen floor and more probably falling from the tree as I type. Better go google some feijoa recipes.
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Ok, found one. I think I will try this tomorrow.

FEIJOA CHUTNEY

Ingredients
    ■1.5kg feijoa flesh, diced
    ■375g onions, peeled and finely diced
    ■500ml white vinegar
    ■750g white sugar
    ■1 teaspoon ground ginger
    ■ teaspoon ground cinnamon
    ■1 teaspoons salt
    ■2 teaspoons cornflour, mixed to a paste with 1 tablespoons extra white vinegar, optional

Method
    1.Place all ingredients in a large saucepan (approximately 4 litre capacity). Bring to the boil, stirring, then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 1 hours or until a chutney-like consistency is reached. If you think the chutney needs thickening just a little, stir in some or all of the cornflour/vinegar paste.
    2.Pour into warm sterilised bottles and seal immediately.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for the encouragement, Annie. It means a lot. I enjoy reading your journal. And laugh. I've never wanted to be an unpaid walking advertisement for some company. LOL. Shows just how out of date I am. I do sometimes buy designer clothers - on ebay. I've gotten some lovely cocktail, dinner, and evening dresses there. Right now I'm slowly easing myself into the idea of a decent pair of jeans, not the kind to work outdoors in. But I'll probably never be able to bring myself to wear jeans out to dinner. That's just too far for me. LOL.

What ever is a Feijoa?

Page 3 of 134 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast