Page 29 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 29

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    By then your cake is almost primal, especially if you also try honey instead of sugar but I'm not sure it would thicken up when you beat it into the eggs. Something I'll have to try in order to find out.
    i reckon runny honey would be sorta ok. i have made sponge cakes with honey before but not these sorts of sponge cakes. and what about coconut sugar? is that primal as i reckon that would work.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Had such a fun family day yesterday, explored a new area of beach and ended up having gladiator fights trying to push each other off a fallen long. Feeling pretty smug today, both my dd's are feeling sore from the unfamiliar exercise, but not me thanks to my regular fitness Haha so much for old age. Here's where we went:

The weather closed in and we got wet on the way home, which made it all the more fun. Gotta grab these moments, don't know when the five of us will be together again.
    Last edited by Annieh; 06-30-2013 at 03:37 AM.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful! And good on Mom for being more fit than your daughters!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

They both do lots of walking (poor students) and are slim as you could wish for, but their arms and core strength are evidently not what they could be

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    beautiful beach Annie! it is so much bluer and greener up north. here's one of our beaches and you can see how different the colours.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...7/beach001.jpg

Super photo, Seas. Lovely kete.

Yeah, our sand is darker but I'm sure your sky is just as blue on a fine day.

Our incredibly green grass is compensation for the amount of rain we tend get all through winter and even summer (though not this year).

Today's bush walk:

And our less than glamorous destination

Noticed I'm filling out a bit again, and I can let that happen a bit cos it's winter, but gotta get back to strict primal for reasons of digestion, bloating and mood. So...

B: One hard boiled egg and a banana.
    S: One apple, three slices cheese, few almonds.
    L: Two large bowls vege soup from lamb bone broth.
    D: Beef curry casserole with carrots and onion, roasted pumpkin and parsnip. Apple and berry crumble for dessert (a few oats in the crumble topping)
    S: Two squares dark chocolate.

I also may have nibbled on a few almonds and a dried apricot. So that's pretty good going - I was intending to omit the chocolate and dried fruit altogether, as I feel the need to go a bit lower carb at the moment. So I will try again today.

Workout was one-hour weights class.

We're eating out tonight. Meal will be large and won't be primal, but I'll do my best and planning to enjoy as it's a rare occasion anyway and super rare because might be the last meal our family has together for 12 months.

B: Mushroom omelette, leftover beef curry, chunk of camembert, mandarin, apple.
    L: Banana or something that I grabbed because there was no time to eat properly (and I was saving my appetite for tonight).
    S: Chocolate mug cake (banana egg and cocoa), some dark chocolate.
    Dinner out: Large slice of soft white bread with liberal spread of garlic butter! Panfried fish, lemon sauce, mashed potato, green salad. A pork spare rib off my daughter's plate. And kahlua cheesecake for dessert. Loved it all. Non primal, but not actually disastrous after all.

Exercise was a sunny walk with my daughter along the foreshore Beautiful.

Brunch: Two slices of bacon, two scrambled eggs with parsley and cream, grated cheese, an orange, 1/2 banana.
    Snack: Few squares dark chocolate.
    Dinner: Mince and kumara bake with cheese.

Exercise amounted to stepping outside to feed the chickens.