Page 27 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 27

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    To get more ideas/energy on what you might do next, take flower essences. I've been taking Walnut the last year with a lot of interesting effects.

Pilates is a low-key workout you might like. I didn't try it till this year and have found it to be as good or better than anything else I've tried.

As for fashion, you might try reading a stylist blog like Rachel Zoe or looking at Polyvore or reading the fashion section on NY mag.
    I have never heard of flower essences? What is their purpose?

Thanks also for the other suggestions, I will pursue them.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Yum, brownies sound delicious. I'm quite fond of a flour-less chocolate cupcake recipe I've slightly modified to make it a really easy microwave pudding. Hits the spot on gloomy winter days when eaten warm with double cream

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaM View Post
    Yum, brownies sound delicious. I'm quite fond of a flour-less chocolate cupcake recipe I've slightly modified to make it a really easy microwave pudding. Hits the spot on gloomy winter days when eaten warm with double cream
    Sounds yum. Recipe? We do one with banana and egg, is that it?

My Primalversary! What I did was go to a community pruning demonstration and learnt about grafting and growing a new tree from a cutting. I seriously doubt my ability to succeed with this, but everyone starts somewhere.

Breakfast was cheesy bread with bacon, almost like pizza.
    First lunch was leftover beef and carrot stirfry.
    Second lunch was two cups bacon and vege soup.
    Dinner will be roast beef, kumara and onion.

Almost a totally primal day but I snacked on some roasted peanuts, raisins and dark chocolate.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Not the banana one, sorry, though it sounds good too.
    For this one you melt together 180g butter, 220g dark chocolate and 1 1/4 cups sugar (those bits aren't very primal but you can use whatever chocolate you're happy with, and I use Natvia for the sugar. I also reduce the amount of both the chocolate and sweetener). Once it's all melted and smooth whisk in 3/4 cup of almond meal and 1 cup raw cocoa powder. Then whisk in 5 eggs, one at a time, until it's all well combined.
    You can either spoon into cupcake tins and bake in the oven at 140C, or leave it as one big mix and cook in the microwave.
    I usually do about a half mix and cook in the microwave on low power - can't remember how long it takes exactly but is only about 5 min or so.

Beautiful when warm and served with cream

Emma, that sounds quite amazing.

Seaweed, I finally made the sponge from this link you gave me Hot Milk Sponge Cake, How To Make Hot Milk Sponge Cake, Sponge Cake Recipes, Cake Recipes

It was a success and I think taking the extra care to warm the eggs and milk was really worthwhile. I halved the recipe, and halved the sugar again, and substituted rice flour. We ate it for dessert with berries and cream, which kept it from being too dry. I think it would also lend itself to sponge pudding ie on top of stewed fruit so I may try that one day too. So thanks very much for the link

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    i always find rice flour on its own too dry so i use a mix of rice, tapioca and coconut flour if i have it. usually approx 2pts rice to 1 tapioca and sorta 1/2 coconut or less. you could make trifle with it i guess if it ever does turn out too dry. sponge pudding on top of stewed fruit with some flaked almonds on top sounds pretty yummy.

Yes, I knew you said this but I only had a small amount of tapioca, less than 1/4 C so it was a little dry but we ate it fresh and drizzled it with the berry juice so that was ok. I didn't think of putting the coconut in, but would try that another time as even plain rice does tend to bung me up a little. I was not really intending to eat this myself actually, but was kinda hungry and it's nice to share dessert with the family. I think the cream was actually my favourite part.

The reason I was out of tapioca, despite having bought it for this recipe, was that I have been using it in cheesy bread, I think I've been making a batch almost every day.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    ah brazilian cheesy bread lol i avoid it. i have tried making it for the kids so as they can help eat it but they reckoned it was too rubbery. i was thinking the sponge cake could go some ground almonds or ground nut of some kind too. i'm off the sugar and dairy for the next month so i cant experiment for a while but really you cant go wrong with some kind of sponge cake, whipped cream and fruit for dessert.

I find the bread more like croissant or pizza base, not rubbery.

Good luck with your sugar free month, don't think I could go dairy free, I love it all too much.

Page 27 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast