Page 26 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 26

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    You're so fortunate to have that beautiful scenery near your home! Just gorgeous. I love all the mist and overcast - makes the colors so deep and true.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

EmmaM is offline Member
    What a gorgeous place. Almost beautiful enough to distract me from cheesy bread

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    You're so fortunate to have that beautiful scenery near your home! Just gorgeous. I love all the mist and overcast - makes the colors so deep and true.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaM View Post
    What a gorgeous place. Almost beautiful enough to distract me from cheesy bread
    Yes, I'm blessed indeed. Cheesy bread was much better done direct on the pizza stone, I ate half the batch.

B: Banana and a few peanuts. Early start so it was grab and go this morning.
    L: Two boiled eggs, chunk of homemade white cheese, an apple, a lemon and apricot truffle ball, some almonds and dark chocolate.
    S: Three wedges of cheesy bread ie half the batch = 3/4C cheese! And three cups of tea to wash it down.
    D: Ovenbaked chicken thighs with paprika, allspice and root veges - kumara, parsnip, carrot and onion. Super greasy.
    S: Another apricot truffle ball (not that I was hungry but dh was passing them around).
    Last edited by Annieh; 06-18-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Tonight's dinner was awesome.

Rump steak, cooked perfectly according to my family (though I might do it a smidgen less next time). Broccoli and mashed potatoes/carrots with cream.

Pumpkin brownie, also met my family's approval. Yay, my first real success at a primal dessert. I cooked it this afternoon, reheated in the microwave and served with whipped cream.

Everyone came back for seconds, so I know I did it right. My first effort a couple of days ago was ok, but I was forbidden to call it Brownie. This one actually was like brownie, according to my dd and she should know (I've never really had it, so I wasn't sure myself).

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    Pumpkin brownie hey? Any chance you'll share the recipe?

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Oh my goodness! Those photos are stunning! Makes me want to go for a walk too! I can almost feel that moist air and smell the foliage and earth ... lovely! Thanks for sharing those!

What is your cheese bread recipe?
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    To get more ideas/energy on what you might do next, take flower essences. I've been taking Walnut the last year with a lot of interesting effects.

Pilates is a low-key workout you might like. I didn't try it till this year and have found it to be as good or better than anything else I've tried.

As for fashion, you might try reading a stylist blog like Rachel Zoe or looking at Polyvore or reading the fashion section on NY mag.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    The original is here: the preppy paleo: Flourless Pumpkin Brownies and if you go back to post #247 you'll see what I did.

My latest version used 2T honey and two squares melted dark chocolate, also about 1/2t baking soda. But I might have omitted the coconut, I can't really remember now.
    Last edited by Annieh; 06-20-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coll View Post
    Oh my goodness! Those photos are stunning! Makes me want to go for a walk too! I can almost feel that moist air and smell the foliage and earth ... lovely! Thanks for sharing those!

What is your cheese bread recipe?
    You're welcome, it's exciting that I've finally figured out how to post pix
    The air is certainly moist today, in fact I would say it's liquid, so did my exercise at the gym, By the time I walked two blocks to get there my fingers were numb. But that didn't last long, our instructor worked us pretty hard today. I'm twice her age but I try to keep up.

There's a thread about cheesy bread here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread88181.html
    You can see I never leave a recipe quite the way I found it.

Page 26 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast