Page 21 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 21

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    Gosh I'm jealous! I want chickens. Lol
    Yes, my current egg tally is 23 eggs in 14 days, so that's close to enough for me (alone, would need double that to feed the family also).

My dh is modifying their "prison" as he calls it because one insists on escaping, she is strong enough to jump over the fence, despite her clipped wing.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    My dh is modifying their "prison" as he calls it because one insists on escaping, she is strong enough to jump over the fence, despite her clipped wing.
    Maybe you could put a frying pan where she jumps to deter her.

I love to read about your meals (always so creative) and how much food you're producing on your own.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I love to read about your meals (always so creative) and how much food you're producing on your own.
    Thanks Joanie, I'm really not much of a gardener but I do have a almost 1/4 acre section and love the IDEA of producing my own food. So the chickens are another step in that direction.

I have been eating leeks daily, hopefully silverbeet will be ready by the time they are finished.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Great breakfast! My DH - even before going primal - wouldn't have yoghurt and muesli in a pink fit, lol. However he does struggle with the no-sugar rule every day, and usually has some sort of sugary snack or drink. Hopefully we can both get them closer to 100% primal eventually. Of course, any tips on how to achieve this would be very welcome!

Baked warehou with ground nut crumb coating, homemade potato chips in dripping, pumpkin mashed with butter and nutmeg.

Just mixing it up a little, though there's still plenty of beef in the freezer.

Made some primal food for a bereaved family - platter of cheese and roast beef slices, eggs, meatballs and rice. Also some nutty chocolate truffles. I hope that helps them through their day of house cleaning.

An elderly friend is suffering with diverticulitis. Yuk. I didn't even know what this was. Anyway, she is very open to suggestions for dietary change. I'm no expert but I can't see that going gluten free can be a bad suggestion in this situation, I'm not the first person to have said so, so I hope she will be able to give it a decent try and see if things improve.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    What's warehou?

Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    What's warehou?
    Fish.

B: Omelette and mushrooms.
    L: My mother-in-law's ham and vege soup. Delicious, there was barley in it so not quite fully primal.
    S: Hot milk cocoa drink. Dark chocolate. Some raisins while I was making dh's muesli.
    D: Fantastic tandoori spiced slow cooked beef, on a bed of buttered cauliflower "rice", dollop of sour cream and handful of fresh chopped parsley. Baked banana and dark chocolate for dessert.

For the "rice" I just cut a whole cauliflower into chunks, cooked in salted water till tender, drained, added a chunk of butter and mashed lightly but not to a puree, then made a bed of it on the plate to spoon the beef onto.

My beef casserole was made in the slowcooker the day before, it was tender but very runny so I turned it into a pot and heated uncovered until the liquid evaporated away. The result was a very thick and tasty stew, yummy!
    Last edited by Annieh; 06-04-2013 at 01:36 PM.

B: Leftover tandoori beef with cauliflower, leeks, mushrooms and a fried egg.
    L: Two bowls vege soup.
    D: Butter chicken and broccoli.

Snacks: chocolate, homemade muesli and milk, a pear.

I wish I could resist my homemade muesli, I do it for my dh not for me, but it is so nearly primal that it just calls to me from the pantry when I'm feeling peckish.

I finally ventured into the realms of paleo baking and today made paleo cornbread muffins (from this recipe: Paleo Cornbread Muffins (Cornless Cornbread!) - Empowered Sustenance in case anyone is interested).

I ate three of them for breakfast (ie half the batch) along with a couple of slices of bacon.

I think they would be improved by addition of flavours such as lime or cinnamon, but they were nice enough even though there weren't many of them. That was ok, though, given how high in calories they must be. However, the main reason I'm still undecided about them is that they're not really muffins. More like little quiches or something.

B: Three mini muffins and two slices bacon.
    Lunch on the run: A banana and some chunks of cheese.
    S: Almonds, chocolate, more cheese.
    D: Awesome farm rump steak marinated in last year's feijoa and ginger jam (sorry, Seas), homebaked potato chips in dripping, broccoli, sour cream.

It feels like far too much food, so I plan to scale back tomorrow, especially as it will be another indoor day.

In other news: it was another three-egg day by my three chickens. Yay for them.