Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 2

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    fish i find hard sometimes as i need to have been in town to get it that day and then be organised enough to have it for dinner when i get home. which is also why kai moana is easier as i can just go down the road and get it. i also happen to like things like cockles and oysters and mussels. i will just throw a whole stack in a pot and steam them till they are open and then we will all sit down and eat them with vinegar. i would say it is an aquired taste. so getting your own does help there as you kinda have to appreciate it then. smoked fish is another good one to start on. smoked fish pie. or smoked fish dip are all good. i loved steak and kidney as a kid too. i make steak and kidney with blue cheese sauce. the kids now complain about me cooking the kidneys with it but they never used to. just cook the steak and the kidneys. i chop the kidneys up while i am cooking them. then put some blue cheese and some cultured cream in the pan with the steak and kidneys and melt it to make a sauce. i do this with steak and mushroom instead of kidneys as well.

I am absolutely intrigued that you go for designer clothes, I really thought you were a total tomboy
    LOL it is poss my interpretation of designer clothes is different to yours. my jeans for example are things like true religions or citizens of humanity. i slum it in levis and lees. i always get decent hunting gear, not warehouse stuff. i get decent workboots, not the $30 ones from the warehouse, and my jandals are usually soul shoes. i have harley davidson boots and t-shirts but not too many as i like to keep that side subtle and invisible LOL i wear surf label gear. obscure street label t-shirts and one teaspoon jackets. i have a mauri and eve little black dress in the collection and so on. i used to wear karen walker suits back in the day when i had to go in the office. i still would rather be running around barefoot on the beach in a pair of cut off denim shorts tho. and my hair usually looks like i have been thru a hedge backwards regardless of what i am wearing. i do the hunger games plait sometimes or even a french plait. i have to do a low plait when i ride the motorcycle to stop my hair getting damaged by the wind and also to fit the crash helmet on. when i go diving i have to do a high plait and coil it to keep it out of the way of the mask and snorkel. i always put it up when i go hunting so as i dont get caught in the bushes. colourwise i have colours i like and colours i like to wear. so wearing, it is black all the way. maybe some dark dark blue or dark purple. the odd turquoise something. i do have a little green camo dress. and the odd grey thing like a macpac jacket. you could try experimenting with wild coloured nail varnish on your toes. i quite like the barefoot shoes like my vivos which are black but with some vivid lime yellow and purple on them for example. you could do a wild coloured singlet under something but still visible or colorful beaded necklace. and then work your way into more bright colours once you feel comfortable in them. wild coloured hand bags are good too. i did notice when i was in the body shop the other day that green, blue and purple eye liner are back - yay! another subtle way to add some colour.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    You are so lucky to live in New Zealand. It's one of the places I always wanted to visit. I wanted to walk that famous trail from one side of the South Island to the other. Have you done that?
    I'm not sure which particular trail you are referring to. I once tramped the Mingha-Deception Route which crosses the alps at Goat Pass. We stayed overnight at the hut there and it was a fabulous experience.

There are many other fantastic tramps I would love to do one day including Abel Tasman national park, Milford Sound, and the Otago Rail trail which you can cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    LOL it is poss my interpretation of designer clothes is different to yours.

Your entire post is a revelation to me! I've never heard of those names, but I googled them, some of the stuff looks great. I seriously doubt I could pull them off tho, lol. I might just start with the nail polish, lol.

baby steps!!!! i also say that i am nearly 50 so i will wear what i want. give it a go and see. go somewhere and try stuff on.

I'll let you know how I get on.

yes just dress casual nicely, put some make up on. do your hair. take a nice expensive looking hand bag and go in and look interested and try the whole lot on. work out what sizes fit you if you like them as sizes vary alot. then go look on trademe.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Annie - you must try stuff. I am a Black girl. I love black........ I wear everything black - however just lately I have added a bit of red, burn't orange and white. I think that as we get older we can put something on and just know that whether it looks good or not. Also hold some colours up to your face and see if it makes your face look pasty, pale, yellow etc...... I also have a wee look in magazines and the paper. When I see something that I like the look of, I cut that picky out and pop it into my wallet. It then means when I happen to be out shopping I can have a bit of a look at certain things.
    I wear alot of layers, as with my size that is quite flattering, however you are quite small, so you can possibly get away with all sorts of styles.
    I also think that if you can go shopping with someone whom you trust to tell you the truth - its always a great option.

actually Seas and I could come and be your wingmen ???????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hiya Annie - you must try stuff. I am a Black girl. I love black........ I wear everything black - however just lately I have added a bit of red, burn't orange and white. I think that as we get older we can put something on and just know that whether it looks good or not. Also hold some colours up to your face and see if it makes your face look pasty, pale, yellow etc...... I also have a wee look in magazines and the paper. When I see something that I like the look of, I cut that picky out and pop it into my wallet. It then means when I happen to be out shopping I can have a bit of a look at certain things.
    I wear alot of layers, as with my size that is quite flattering, however you are quite small, so you can possibly get away with all sorts of styles.
    I also think that if you can go shopping with someone whom you trust to tell you the truth - its always a great option.

actually Seas and I could come and be your wingmen ???????
    Actually that could be fun. Just please don't put me in black.

Just please don't put me in black.
    2 funny. i would actually like to go shopping with someone adventurous with colour as i am not.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    .......but can I wear black to the shops ????????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast