Page 19 of 133 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 19

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    do you have lights in their coop doc? when i had chooks, i would get some of this years pullets start laying before midwinter and keep laying thru.
    No lights... they are in houses out in a pasture with no electricity.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Oh boy, today I worked so hard in my power class that by the end I just COULD NOT manage a plank.

I was completely taken by surprise when I attempted it and simply collapsed. I could only lie there while the rest of the class finished their ab track.

Then spend the rest of the day eating.

B: Two bacon slices, grilled; one super fresh egg, fried.
    S: Banana.
    L: Stewed feijoas with cream and 1/2C of my homemade nonprimal but delicious muesli that I should not have bothered making for my dh because I find it too tempting and he prefers store-bought anyway.
    Second lunch (because 3pm rolled around and I didn't remember having lunch already): Leek and mushroom omelette, cheese and apple slices. Few almonds and a dried fig, dark chocolate.
    D: Chicken satay, white rice and broccoli. Baked banana with chocolate and whipped cream.

To be honest, I'm still not sure that covers everything. I was pretty hungry, pretty much all day.

In other news, two more chicken eggs today. I'm happy.
    Last edited by Annieh; 05-23-2013 at 02:59 AM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    I was completely taken by surprise when I attempted it and simply collapsed. I could only lie there while the rest of the class finished their ab track.
    i have always always hated ab exercises. i can keep up but i have never enjoyed them and they are the one thing i will skip or bunk off without fail. i have a defined waist so i hide behind not wanting britney spears syndrome to hit me. one awesome thing about BBY and PTL is they do none of those specific ab exercises as really you use the abs to stabilise most decent full body exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i have always always hated ab exercises. i can keep up but i have never enjoyed them and they are the one thing i will skip or bunk off without fail. i have a defined waist so i hide behind not wanting britney spears syndrome to hit me. one awesome thing about BBY and PTL is they do none of those specific ab exercises as really you use the abs to stabilise most decent full body exercises.
    Seaweed, Yes, my abs have naturally become stronger just doing my other weights. That's probably why I usually don't mind doing an ab track, as it's never usually too much of an effort. But this week, I used more weight on all those other tracks so that by the time we reached the end I had evidently worked them as much as possible for one day. So shocked.

The defined waist thing is interesting, I like being strong and don't really aspire to the 17yo waif look, but I would not want to go too far and end up looking thick through the middle either. One thing that puts me off lifting any heavier than I already do.

Funny phone conversation today with my sister and brother-in-law over the animal which they have just had killed and which I am about to get a share in. It turns out it's really difficult to say "beef" and "fat" as two separate words. ie.

Me: "What happens to the fat?"
    Her: "Do you really want the beef fat?"
    Brother-in-law (in the background): "I thought no one wanted to be fat"
    Me: "I don't want to be fat, but I would like the beef fat".

She also couldn't quite get that I really would want the fat as it would save me buying dripping from the supermarket. In fact, if there was truly lots of it I wouldn't mind learning to make soap out of it as well.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    The defined waist thing is interesting, I like being strong and don't really aspire to the 17yo waif look, but I would not want to go too far and end up looking thick through the middle either. One thing that puts me off lifting any heavier than I already do.
    i've apparently had a defined waist since i was 2 yrs old so i think alot of the waist curve is genetic. no matter how skinny 17 yr old waifish i got, it would still be there. i think too you would have to work pretty hard to thicken up around the waist. britney reportedly did thousands of crunches a day. i've never worried about lifting anything heavy making me bulk around the abs funnily enough. my area of irrational fear is the quads, specifically leg extensions even and i only stand on the britney spears syndrome to avoid doing ab exercises. i'm not actual scared of it, i just hate doing them and found it as a good excuse!

Hiya, Seas. You're right, I think we all have a natural shape, whatever it may be, and we can develop and trim it in various ways to bring out the best but there is no point in truly fighting it.

Anyway, what Annie did today was quite bad but I promise I didn't intentionally draw blood from the opposition on the netball court tonight.

My meat arrived! I'm so happy my freezer is full. Sadly I was pretty busy yesterday so I only managed to cook a rather boring mince and veges dish, and my dd made the mashed potatoes, if she added any butter it can't have been much She just doesn't get me any more. Oh well, I added plenty of extra to mine and they were ok.

Tonight's schnitzel is now thawing, how to cook it is the question?

NB. Fat burning is a great mode. Yesterday I was so busy that I didn't get time to eat till 4pm, and even then I was interrupted.
    All I'd had all day was a banana, and while I certainly wanted to eat, and my brain was a bit slow, I was not all desperate and shaky.

EmmaM is offline Member
    Yay for meat! We get a bit excited when we get a bulk lot and store it too, and we've been doing that for much longer than we've been eating primally. We both grew up on farms where our families grew and butchered our own meat, so I guess it takes us back to our childhood.
    And very good point re fat burning. Very handy. It's taken me a while to adjust, and I still couldn't make it to 4pm, but going for longer stretches between meals, and not relying on snacks certainly is great. I'd love to get my mother on to this for this very reason - she feels I'll if she doesn't get breakfast at the same time every day, which is a bit of a pain.
    Last edited by EmmaM; 05-27-2013 at 09:29 PM.

Hi Emma, this is my first time getting my meat straight from the farm. I would love to do it all the time if possible. Do you also make use of things like the bones, fat and liver etc? I did not get them because I didn't think to ask, which I regret, so next time I will be sure to speak up. Tonight we're having schnitzel crumbed with ground nuts, roasted pumpkin, oven baked potatoe chips and green peas. Can't wait, it's a cold night so that will be warming, what a pity I have to go out afterwards.