Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 17

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    And then you would have missed it. Oh the pressure.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

B: Two-egg omelette with butter fried leeks and mushrooms, topped with grated cheese and grilled.
    L: Two fried eggs. Apple and cheese slices.
    D: Beef casserole, buttered cabbage, kumara chips. Baked apple.

Snacks : mandarin, banana, raisins, cashews, chocolate.

Breakfast was good, but I snacked away till finally getting lunch at 2.15, it wasn't a proper meal so continued my snacking till dinner by which time was barely hungry but ate it anyway. Must get back into the gym tomorrow and back to eating decent meals with NO snacks. Should be easier if I don't stay home.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    It's funny but if I am at work, I want to snack all the time, but when I have a day off or it is the weekend, I hardly ever snack or have huge cravings for chocolate.

Haha suse, that sounds like the opposite to me.

Thanks for dropping by

What I did today was bring home my three chickens!!!!! It is very exciting. They seem very happy in their new home aka my overgrown back yard. They wasted no time in starting in on the weeding and fertilising, then when darkness came they put themselves to bed in their new coop built by my very dh. We made it cosy with hay and hoping for eggs in the morning.

The weather was very wet today so I stayed home and made what was going to be leek and potato soup but the beef stock boiled down over the course of the morning till I had a rich stew. That was lunch, and delicious it was, too.

Dinner was f&c, I picked off the batter again, the chooks can have it for breakfast.

My meat is at the butcher getting processed right now, something else to look forward to in the next week.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Hiya Annie - how exciting about the wee chickens. They are the most delightful wee creatures. We have had many pet chooks over the years and enjoyed all of them........... well done on the coop - these DHs are good for a few things eh!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Cool on the chickens, Annie. Leek and potato stew sounds fantastic.

Waving to Gwamma.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Hiya Annie - how exciting about the wee chickens. They are the most delightful wee creatures. We have had many pet chooks over the years and enjoyed all of them........... well done on the coop - these DHs are good for a few things eh!!!!!!!!
    LOL
    Gwamma, you are supposed to be on holiday, not thinking about chooks on the other side of the world. But thanks anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Cool on the chickens, Annie. Leek and potato stew sounds fantastic.

Waving to Gwamma.
    Thanks Joanie. Yes, they are good girls already, three eggs today!! Woohoo for chickens. They didn't miss a beat.

Today I was given four chokos. For those who don't know what they are, well sorry but I don't either. They grow on a vine, about the size of a mango but with green and grooved skin and very sharp prickles. Sorry, that is not a very enticing description. The flesh is pale like a melon or inside of an apple.

The fruit is very very very bland, ie it tastes of nothing. The advantage of this is you can use it with anything and it will take on the flavour. So I roasted one with some kumara and it tasted fine with that. I stewed another with some feijoas and haven't tasted it yet but it looks fine. The third I grated into a spicy beef and cabbage stirfry and no one noticed it. A very versatile food, that I think I prefer to zucchini, being less watery.

Also today I made a batch of primal truffles for my dd birthday, some honey and date muesli for my dh and stewed up yet another batch of feijoas, hopefully the last for the season, they are getting tinier and tinier.

B: Two fried eggs.
    L: Cinnamon flavoured roast kumara and choko
    D: Stirfry beef with leeks, ginger, garlic, chilli, cabbage, choko, parsley, peanut butter and coconut cream.

Snacks as usual of dried apricots and dark chocolate.

Today was another tramp in the bush, quite cool and damp today, no views but that lovely isolating feeling of being encased in mist and cloud. Good weather for fungi.

And three more eggs, so woohoo.