Page 16 of 129 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 16

SeattleSlim is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Hi Annie --

I'm enjoying reading through your journal because it's giving me good meal ideas (plus, there are so many words for foods I don't know!). I too am not a big fish eater, which is strange considering where I live. I have slowly acquired a taste for salmon, though -- it goes well with Asian flavors, or just plain old lemon and butter and herbs. Offal ... I grew up being forced to eat liver, and the thought still makes me shudder. I'll start with the fish.

Have a great weekend!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    SSlim you have me guessing. What words for foods don't you know?? I probably throw some kiwi colloquialisms in from time to time.

SeattleSlim is offline Member
    Well, let's see. Feijoa, kumara, capsicum, sultanas. Very exotic sounding. Reminds me of when I lived in the UK and they talked of things like aubergine and rocket and courgettes.
    Starting weight: 195.8
    Weight at end of 21-day challenge: ???

Goal: To free myself of food obsessions and maintain a healthy weight without DIEeting

Ok, I see.

Well I grant you feijoas are not well known but they are delicious. Here's a pic and recipe: Feijoa Cake Recipe And Recipes For Feijoa | Stuff.co.nz

Kumara is a root vegetable, a variety of sweet potato.

Capsicum, I think that would be just another name for bell pepper.

Sultanas? Surely everyone knows what sultanas are. I don't know any other name for them, they are just a dried fruit like raisins but not identical to them.

I'm glad you think they sound exotic, to me they are all very much everyday foods (especially feijoas right at the moment, haha, and then they will be gone for another 11 months).

Finally using the last of my ingredients that defrosted when my fridge broke down. There was some nicely gelled stock, and a carton of cream - both of those went into pumpkin soup at lunchtime. The blueberries I blended with banana, gelatin and a little honey for dessert.

B: Two eggs, two slices bacon, leek and 1/2 banana. Feijoa. Mandarin.
    L: Cream of pumpkin soup
    D: Potato wedges, chilli beans, cheese, bacon, parsley and sour cream. Blueberry dessert with whipped cream.

Already looking forward to breakfast, my girls have promised me breakfast in bed.

What Annie did today was inadvertently to put a whole teaspoon of cayenne pepper into the butter chicken. Far from making it inedible the family loved it and we ate $15 worth of chicken at one meal. No leftovers But my lips are tingling.

Also, we won our netball game tonight, hooray. All of us were surprised and delighted at this outcome. It was only one goal, but that's all it takes.

And in other news I have found a new class at the gym, it's a kind of step class, not weights or cardio, to tone the buttocks area, it is hard work in that it hurts, and gets me puffing a little but not dripping sweat. Also, takes a bit of co-ordination, so I'll be back for more next week, I've decided.

B: Cauliflower cheese and Pumpkin.
    L: Mushroom omelette with grilled bacon and apple slices.
    D: Butter chicken on white rice.

Various snacks such as banana, chocolate, cheese and dried apricots. Busy day today, is my excuse.

Five hour trek up the mountainside and down again. My muscles were sore for days last time, but I keep going back for more. Could see across miles and miles to more mountains in the distance. Awesome day.

B: A pear and some cheese slices.
    L: Two boiled eggs, two mandarins, banana, chocolate and dried apricots.
    S: Far too many handsful of raisins and chunks of cheese.
    D: Lamb chops and potato/carrot mash with butter and parsley.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Five hour trek up the mountainside and down again.
    i am jealous. i had to work. i did get to go to the gym and for a 1 hr walk but i still would have liked to have gone up a mountain for 5 hrs. and way to go on winning the netball. dd#2 starts on thursday. they lose lots and i am competitive so i usually struggle to watch. so not a good look to be yelling at them when you are not the coach.

Yes, gym and walk is good, but getting away from it all in the wilderness is even better. Last week there was a complete arch of rainbow in front of the mountain and I didn't have my camera. I made sure to take it this time, even though I thought we would be walking in cloud. As it turned out, we were well above the clouds and could see forever. \

Watching kids sport can indeed be painful. Good luck. Perhaps you could consider it a character building exercise in developing self control.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps you could consider it a character building exercise in developing self control.
    i have practised lots lol i cant even bail and go to the gym as that so would not make me mother of the century. they may win too.