Page 15 of 129 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 15

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post

Netball last night, this new team I have joined is in a purely social league, it's not that intense a game, but my skills are pretty basic so I may get a chance to work on them since the game doesn't seem to move quite so fast.
    Hey Annieh!
    What is Netball? I have never heard of this game.
    Cheers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    A bit like basketball but you don't bounce the ball.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    That about sums it up Helen Louise. Or at least you try not to bounce it but if you're anything like me you fumble, drop it, pick it up and get called for replay umpteen times a game!

For more detail, see this: Netball Game - Rules Introduction - YouTube

Today unexpectedly turned into a meat cooking marathon due to the fact that my fridge went on the blink. Fortunately there wasn't much in the freezer as I was working my way through the contents to make room for the 1/4 beef I am getting next week. Unfortunately I now don't have a freezer to put it in. Fortunately I have a chilly bin and my dear father in law brought over some ice to keep my milk and cheese cool in the meantime.

So tomorrow I guess I go fridge shopping as repairman believes mine not worth fixing - who's he to say that I'd rather spend $1500 than $500, doesn't he know we just had a ginormous car bill too??

Meanwhile we eat both beef and chicken, the neighbours inherit the mince and their cats will probably get the fish, I'm not willing to eat it myself. And I hope it won't matter badly if I refreeze all those feijoas.
    Last edited by Annieh; 05-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    it does put it in perspective on the food storage. dad used to tell me stories of the man with horse and cart who used to deliver ice. he also used to like condensed milk and evaporated milk in his coffee.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    hiya Annie - I know exactly what you are talking about re netball. many years ago I joined the local netball club, and because I was fit (running 60kms/week) they put me in the A team. Well I am a hockey player - not a netball player, and I fumbled, dropped, stepped on toes, threw the damned thing everywhere it shouldn't go - so i only played one season !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Oh yeah, throwing directly to the opposition, that's another forte of mine. Not to mention "contact". Can you believe I got called for contact with my backside? It was so embarrassing.

Actually, either I'm getting a little better or this new team is really bad, because by no means am I the most hopeless player any more.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    woohoo - way to go Annie !!!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey Annieh,
    I checked out the video link - it looks like a very fast paced and fun game - I don't know if we have anything like that here, other than basketball. I don't think I could score on a net like that without a backboard to help me out.
    Cheers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Today a little miracle came my way in the form of a refrigerator!

First thing, I received a txt from a friend inviting me out for the morning. When I said I was not available as I was going fridge shopping, she replied that she has a fridge for sale. It so turned out that this is exactly the make and model that we were looking at, but less than half the price because it's already 6 years old and now it's sitting in my kitchen keeping my food cold, yay, and the freezer empty and waiting to be filled with beef!!!! I'm so happy.

Why aren't we all deliriously happy to have a working fridge? We should be.

Quote Originally Posted by seaweed View Post
    i went for a 6k walk which was nice in the sun. i can go to a few places above the clouds but i didnt have time today. pretty cool thing. i also like it when the top of the mount is in the mist and you go up into the mist. i've not found my fitness drops away. i know they say 2 weeks is all it takes but i've never found that to be the case. half the battle is knowing you can do it and then simply doing it. i still have days where i do wonder what i am doing half way up some huge hill LOL but it doesnt seem to be related to if i have been bunking off. kids netball starts next week. i'd love to play but i dont have a child minder and it's too far to travel to play.
    I know, sometimes it really feels like the kids have all the fun. It is just a stage, though a very long one, and eventually your turn will come. I am totally relishing the time I now have for myself - tramping, gym, playing the piano. A bit spoilt, especially compared to some of my friends, but I also feel like I have earned it after years of spending time (and money) on everyone else.

BTW my calves still sore since Tuesday. Especially when I go down steps. Ow.