Page 128 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1316

Thread: What Annie did next. page 128

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Thanks for the recipe will give it a go soon. How does one walk halfway home?
    Recipe, hah! You are welcome.
    A classmate offered me a ride part way, I walked the rest.

Grapefruit season has arrived already so I got my dd to help me gather a bucketload and then I juiced them down to 700ml of juice. I think it will be a bit tart, we may have to mix with a sugar syrup to make it drinkable.

Visited my brother-in-laws farmlet and met his new animals - some Angus cows, a semmental bull, nine new lambs including two only born today, and a couple of what I thought were going to be little piglets but goodness me they were half-grown pigs already.

Hopefully I will end up sharing a meal of some of these dear creatures a few months down the track. Knowing they have lived a healthy happy life and been dispatched of quickly and humanely without stress when the day comes.

Pulled a few weeds in my garden and let the chookies out for some fresh grass. A very spring like day

B: Pumpkin bake.
    L: Bacon and eggs, mushrooms and veges.
    S: Cheese slices, dates.
    D: Cottage pie.

I sold my microwave for scrap. So now I have lifted that particular heavy thing for the last time

Also a beach umbrella, vacuum cleaner and my daughter's bicycle that she hated with a vengeance. When she left home five years ago, she never wanted to see that bike again. Now neither of us will have to.

perennialpam is online now Senior Member
    Thanks for stopping by my journal. I have not had a microwave for 4 years now and don't miss it a bit. Helps me be more involved when fixing my food. I like the additional counter space too! Didn't get any $ for it, though. Good job.

I won my microwave and it gave me 29 years of faithful service. When it finally broke we tried going without for a month but really missed it for reheating, which is a powerful way of keeping breakfast and lunch primal. It only fetched $2.50 but since I expected to pay to dump it, I'll take that gladly.

Refontai is offline Senior Member
    Farewell Microwave. When I moved to law school after college I tried to go without a microwave. It didn't work - ended up asking for one for Christmas!
    You have to fall in love with the process of becoming great.

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    I got me a new microwave with me new kitchen and I lurve it. It has a crisp function works a treat and defrosting is a snap. I defrosted a huge slab of pork belly without the edges getting cooked or even warm.
    NZ weather is better than here at the moment Annie, we are just about washed away with the rain.

After the gorgeous weekend, everyone warned me that today would be dreadful weather but it wasn't, and we had a good day out on the slopes again. Cold, but we wrapped up and kept moving. My favourite pools were full of beautiful cool water for a refreshing drink (no dipping today though). Plenty of snow on the track, though not too slippery for the most part.

LoraEwinaga is offline Senior Member
    your brother's farm sounds so nice! i'd like to have my own farm in a few years