Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 12

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks for all the great info - we are pretty active outdoorsy types. I love a good hike or as you would say tramp - over here they look at you funny if you say that! I'm happiest outside enjoying mother nature but also like to see some of the culture of the areas I travel to.
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Ombat, you should come, it's a beautiful country. Small (nowhere is very far from the ocean) and uncrowded - only 4.4million people. The flight is loooooong though.
    however after a llloooooonnnngggg flight - you get to meet us wonderful amazing Kiwis !!!!!!!
    please look us up when you get here !!!!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    Can we tour a Hobbit hole????

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Can we tour a Hobbit hole????
    You can see them but they are exterior only so you can't go in them.

Leeks have become my new go-to vegetable. I have a supply in the garden so I am using them instead of onion in all dishes and also as a green vegetable instead of silverbeet.

B: Two eggs, chicken, potatoe wedges and . . . coleslaw (still going!)
    L: Chicken and vegetable soup (broth and a little meat from last night's chicken bones, leek, carrot, salt, pepper, whole cardamom and allspice). Paprika potato wedges oven baked in beef dripping. Feijoa. Dark chocolate.
    S: A whole package of nut/dried fruit/chocolate mixture. According to the package I ate 5 servings - 150g which was 40% of my calorie and carb needs for the day and almost my entire quota of fat. But I don't care. (It was too much, really, but I couldn't stop with one handful left in the packet).
    D: Meatloaf (beef, leek, egg, seasoning, a little leftover rice);roast pumpkin, capsicum, onion; baked potato with butter.

I made dessert for the family but really couldn't eat it due to overdoing the snack earlier.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie
    Ombat, you should come, it's a beautiful country. Small (nowhere is very far from the ocean) and uncrowded - only 4.4million people. The flight is loooooong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwamma
    however after a llloooooonnnngggg flight - you get to meet us wonderful amazing Kiwis !!!!!!!
    please look us up when you get here !!!!!!!
    I like small and uncrowded and beautiful! I might be able to deal with a 12 hr flight... *twitch* Getting to see you all would definitely be worth it

Still dealing to the feijoas, haha.

Breakfast was feijoa pie with cream (last night's dessert)

Then I spent the morning cutting and scooping 1.5kg of mostly tiny feijoas and now my next batch of chutney is simmering on the stove.

Then I went outside and collected yet another box of fruit. I just can't keep ahead.

The other thing I can't get ahead of is the coleslaw, but I think we will finally finish it today.

Nice problems to have - too much food!

seaweed is offline Senior Member
    we're still up around the $10/kg mark for feijoas here. there were some cheaper ones in the organic vege store but they were very small and measly looking. it is almost sacrilege to make chutney out of feijoas!!! i still havent had one yet this season as i have let the kids have them all.

Nice problems to have - too much food!
    we have this with venison occasionally.

Oh that is sad. Mine are in fact small and measly looking compared to the supermarket ones which are over $4 a kilo. Hence the reason why it took me so long to prep them this morning. But I couldn't bear to have them go to waste.

My parents came over. They only took 1/2 a dozen feijoas home with them but they took ALL of the remaining coleslaw!!!!!!!! Yay. Cooked veges for dinner tonight.

PrimalCon New York
    I met my meat today!

I am excited at the opportunity to go shares in a beef beast in the next few weeks. Today I actually got to see him in his field, he lives a very calm and happy life and will not know until the moment of reckoning that his days are numbered. Then he will be divided among us and I will have a freezer full of beef to see us through the winter.

If it won't all fit in my freezer (I'm getting 1/4) then my parents in law will store some in their freezer in return for a small portion. I'm sure there will be plenty to share and I don't expect they will even want much since I once made them a welcome home casserole and they made it last a week.

So my challenge for the next three weeks is to eat through the existing contents of my freezer in order to make room.

Hmm, I think I heard that feijoas make a good marinade for beef...
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-28-2013 at 03:05 AM.

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast