Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 11

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    This sounds super delicious - I am adding it to my collection of primal/paleo recipes to use in the fall - or you know whenever the mood strikes and I can get fresh pumpkins. Thanks again for another great food idea. Have you thought of making a recipe book? I'd buy it!
    Cheers!

I would probably be sued for copyright, most of my recipes come from somewhere else, even this site sometimes.

The rest of my meals aren't even recipes, I just buy lots of primal food, then when I get hungry I eat some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ombat View Post
    Fine, I'll come out and say it: I've been salivating over your daily menus for some time now.

I didn't want you to know because I'm secretly jealous and mildly spiteful.
    Ombat thanks for visiting my journal, I'll choose to take your comment as a compliment I admit I salivate over my meals too, but I don't want to make anyone jealous, just to celebrate the simplicity and deliciousness that is primal food.

B: Dinner for breakfast - pumpkin fritter topped with beef casserole, buttered carrots, grilled bacon and zucchini, I think I even put some coleslaw on the plate, lol.
    L: Homemade Calzone - I know, I know it's not primal. This is the first time I've baked bread in almost a year and it's not that I have even missed it much but just that I am hardpressed to feed five of us this week. The fillings were great though - fried leeks, bacon, grated cheese, sliced olives, sundried tomatoes. And I used up the last of a bottle of steak sauce.
    Three feijoas.
    S: Chocolate (habit, really wasn't hungry after the bread).
    D: Pork and vegetable stirfry (garlic, leeks, carrot, capsicum, pork mince, cashews, honey, soya sauce, peanut butter) on white rice. Feijoa and apple crumble (topping butter/coconut/sugar/oats) with whipped cream.

So fairly wholesome home cooking, but not primal today. Feeling a little weighed down, more from missing the gym I think, but eating grains doesn't help.
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-23-2013 at 02:59 AM.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I'm with Ombat. Your food just sounds so...yum!

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Ombat thanks for visiting my journal, I'll choose to take your comment as a compliment
    If you must....

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    You must be a great cook! It all sounds so appetizing. Sooner or later I'm going to have to start cooking. My daily menu is getting pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    You must be a great cook! It all sounds so appetizing. Sooner or later I'm going to have to start cooking. My daily menu is getting pretty boring.
    Crypto, you seem to have hit on a reasonable formula for your meals and I assumed you were cooking. I mean, bacon, eggs, meat loaf, carrots etc. They don't cook themselves do they?

However, if you are starting to get bored there are ways to ring the changes with seasonings and preparation so that bacon and eggs, meat and veges are presented a little differently each time.

Eg. eggs can be fried, poached, scrambled, hardboiled and stuffed or added to salads, made into omelette, quiche or waffles.

Meat can be marinated in garlic, ginger, chilli or any number of other herbs and spices.

Veges can be boiled and mashed with cream, steamed and drizzled with butter, stirfried in olive oil, roasted in dripping, baked and served with sour cream or combined into salads.

If you choose a different meat, veg, seasoning and method each time, you will have plenty of variety. I get my favourites though.

B: Two fried eggs, parsley.
    S: Sultanas and brazil nuts. Coleslaw and cheese.
    L: Meat and vege soup. Apple.
    S: Avocado with lemon and pepper. Banana. Yoghurt and blueberries.
    D: Beef casserole. Paprika potato chips in beef dripping.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Hey Annieh,
    Completely non-primal question,
    What's the best time to travel to New Zealand? My fiancee and I travelled to Fiji two years ago and spent 2 hours in New Zealand (sadly stuck in the airport the whole time) and since we have wanted to go back and actually see the country. We are debating making it the next trip we take. Also any recommendations for places to see/things to do there?

Thanks!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Off the top of my head, I'd say February. Our seasons are opposite from yours so that would be high-late summer, the weather is more settled then and the kids have gone back to school so it's a good non-crowded time to travel around.

How long would you come for, what sort of things are you into? What age range are you both in? Outdoor experiences there are plenty of from tramping to bungy jumping, lots of water sports. Every city has its festivals and museums etc. There are Maori performing arts and crafts especially in the tourist centres.

Northernmost point is Cape Reinga. According to Maori folklore, the spirit of the dead travel here to depart Aotearoa. There's a lighthouse there. Cape Reinga - 101 Must-Do's for Kiwis

Any of our national parks have beautiful scenery, excellent tracks and huts to stay in. You can do anything from an hour to several days excusion. Compared to Canada though, all your scenery is on a much much MUCH larger scale. National Parks in New Zealand | Things to see and do in New Zealand

You can visit the Lord of the Rings movie sets http://www.hobbitontours.com/
    and the Weta Workshop where they make so many of the props etc. http://www.wetanz.com/weta-workshop-services/

You should see kiwi at a zoo or kiwi house such as Otorohanga or Zelandia. http://kiwihouse.org.nz/ http://www.visitzealandia.com/

Largest city = Auckland. You can bungy jump from the Sky tower. Sky Tower Sky Jump - Bungy Jumping Auckland New Zealand

Capital city = Wellington. The national museum is called Te Papa. Te Papa, Wellington - Eventfinda

The largest south island city is Christchurch, has been badly damaged by earthquakes and still experiencing aftershocks. Things to do in Christchurch after the earthquake

Milford Sound in the south island is apparently our most famous destination. Milford Sound / Information / Cruises & Tours / Maps - Milford Sound
    Last edited by Annieh; 04-24-2013 at 09:50 PM.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Outdoor experiences there are plenty of from tramping to bungy jumping, lots of water sports. Every city has its festivals and museums etc. There are Maori performing arts and crafts especially in the tourist centres.
    [...]
    Any of our national parks have beautiful scenery, excellent tracks and huts to stay in. You can do anything from an hour to several days excusion. Compared to Canada though, all your scenery is on a much much MUCH larger scale. National Parks in New Zealand | Things to see and do in New Zealand

Largest city = Auckland. You can bungy jump from the Sky tower. Sky Tower Sky Jump - Bungy Jumping Auckland New Zealand
    Can I come???

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ombat, you should come, it's a beautiful country. Small (nowhere is very far from the ocean) and uncrowded - only 4.4million people. The flight is loooooong though.

Page 11 of 138 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast