Page 108 of 139 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1382

Thread: What Annie did next. page 108

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I was so excited this morning to be getting out in the wilderness again. Beautiful winter day, sunny but cool. Pretty breezy above the bush line - most refreshing. A good four-hour tramp with daughter and best friend. Our other friends took a different route then delivered our car to our endpoint to save us another hour or so up the road Sweet.

Coll is offline Senior Member
    Beautiful scenery as always! Always nice to have your car delivered Sometimes that extra hour is VERY long.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 14th 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 224.8 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"You are free to choose, BUT you are not free from the consequences of your choices."

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Beautiful scenery - I'm in awe! Good to finally catch up from home and see the pics

Agree with Coll; sometimes that extra hour can be longer than the rest put together! Love it when a plan comes together!

narrowminded is online now Senior Member
    Hi Annie - thought I'd stop by to say hello. I'm going to work my way through your journal, but didn't want to wait that long to say hi. Love the pix.

Coll, At, Narrowminded: Gidday. Yes I think my tramp was just long enough, there are times when I'm game for more but this wasn't one of them

Oh my goodness Narrowminded, I'm flattered but this journal is 101 pages long. There is no need to wade through it all, you are welcome to just jump in and join us here. There are lots of food posts in my first journal though, which was all about what I ate when I first started this journey and maybe some of them will give you some ideas of what can work.

Sore tummy today, ouch. I haven't felt this bloated and uncomfortable since 2012! Trying to pin down the cause - could it be the new Frooze Balls I discovered today. They sounded like a good primal treat mainly apricots and raw cashew nuts. And I did eat the whole packet (cringe). Other than that I had two not-quite-ripe bananas for lunch, which was possibly a little much but I have eaten them before. There was also a bite of scone, but only a bite, surely not enough to create such a strong reaction. Looking back further, there have been quite a few slices of fruit cake since last weekend, and battered fish and chips on Wednesday night which I thought I had got away with.

Whatever, I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable now and all the more motivated not to stray off course any time soon. DH has requested steak for dinner - that I can go with

Morning Annie, sorry to hear about the sore tummy ... sounds like no one particular thing, maybe just a combination of too many odd bites of not-so-primal. Of course, it might just be something entirely natural and a one-off that will soon pass. Either way I hope you are feeling 100% again really soon

jacmac is online now Senior Member
    Gotta love this lifestyle, it has built in reminder to stay compliant

Quote Originally Posted by jacmac View Post
    Gotta love this lifestyle, it has built in reminder to stay compliant
    Precisely, jac.

mm, tummy settling down and I'm feeling normal. Even my dd said she had a sore tummy after Wednesday's fish and chips, though she just attributes it to eating too much. I'm not so sure, I think she like me is reacting after straying from our generally clean diet. She does eat a lot of flour - sandwiches every day - so I'm thinking it's something else than gluten most probably whatever oil they cook them in.

It's almost enough to make me consider investing in a deep fryer so I can do them in tallow like the olden days but the whole point of takeaways from my point of view is not to have to cook.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad to hear it and I think I find some of the oils worse than flour sometimes!

Know what you mean about takeaway and not cooking, but like last night and our Indian I would rather have had a steak and pre-pack salad. Very little cooking and only one plate to wash. Gonna put my foot down next time!

Glad you are healing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Current: 16-Nov-14 14.8 (204lbs) | GW = 138lbs

Whole 30: Sat 7th June 2014 to Sun 6th July lost 14lbs; low of 14.12

Paleo Start: 16-Nov-13 at 234lbs | 22-Feb-14 = 219lbs dropped into cruise maintenance mode
    Previously: 2-Jan-13 to 17-Jul-13 lost 37lbs with WW

Knock me down, I'll get right back up again, come back stronger than a powered-up Pacman - Kaiser Chiefs