Page 106 of 130 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1296

Thread: What Annie did next. page 106

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeleh View Post
    Getting a kind of vicarious titillation from your descriptions of cake Annie.
    Sorry. I don't eat cake any more, but there are still occasions when I am called upon to make it. I had to go buy flour, and two kinds of sugar, which are now taking up space in my supposedly primal pantry.

The birthday girl had a huge slice and my dh rated it 11 out of 10, so I'm glad I still have some baking skills when it counts but I came home thinking about what else I could have made with carrots, eggs, butter, cream cheese and walnuts, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LoraEwinaga View Post
    looking forward to reading more about your BS/vinegar/rainwater experiment. I tried BS/vinegar for a while but I didn't get through the transition phase. it just was too terrible

i then switched to a much less aggressive shampoo and conditioner without sulphates and such, and got my washing routine down from once a day to once every two days. i think i'm in a much better starting place now than before to give it another try.
    Yes, I wonder if you can keep on stretching out the gap between washes. I usually only do once a week anyway so this wasn't such a great departure. I wasn't so pleased with it this time because it went all "flyaway" and staticky. But I think that may have been due to the very cold weather. I will persevere for another couple of washes, that would make it a month, before I decide. I actually think the baking soda may be a little strong (I used a tablespoon in a cup of water) so I'm thinking of using a less strong solution next time.

Slept in. Brunch was a fried egg with vegetable parcel (carrot and cream cheese, nuts and mustard wrapped in silverbeet).

Snacked on banana, cheese and chocolate.

Dinner will be roast beef, pumpkin and broccoli.

Turned my compost pile again, not much other movement to speak of. Hanging out for school holidays to end and get up the mountain again.

When I arrived at church this morning a friend told me "we'll take your chicken". That's the funniest greeting I've had in a long time but a very welcome one. These friends have a large and properly fenced coop, and have recently reduced their chicken numbers, they also have a knack (so they say) for introducing new birds to their flock.

So Trouble has already gone to her new home, my front yard seedlings will be safe from her attentions, and I still have four chickens out the back where they belong. A happy ending to the saga of Trouble, the global entertainment sensation.
    Last edited by Annieh; 05-03-2014 at 07:44 PM.

B: Vegetable omelette. Fresh feijoas and a banana passionfruit from the garden.

L: Lamb and vegetable curry soup.

S: Banana. Chocolate. More feijoas and a few sultanas.

D: Beef mince chilli with sour cream.

Aah, feeling relaxed after my mini-holiday i.e. getting away up the mountain for a few hours. Conditions were misty, drizzling and ultimately very wet. I could taste the wind, especially crossing the ridges, and allow the moisture to settle on my hair. Such a refreshing day Autumn berries were fruiting right beside the track.

Neeleh is offline Senior Member
    Ooh lovely, very evocative. Can feel the autumn mistiness. Such lush looking vegetation. Thank you for sharing your special places
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Journal: Vibrant Life

jacmac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Aah, feeling relaxed after my mini-holiday i.e. getting away up the mountain for a few hours. Conditions were misty, drizzling and ultimately very wet. I could taste the wind, especially crossing the ridges, and allow the moisture to settle on my hair. Such a refreshing day Autumn berries were fruiting right beside the track.

I needed that little interlude, your photo took me there.. thanks

Coll is online now Senior Member
    Such beautiful pictures - I could taste the wind with you, though I am sure I was tasting South African tastes in my mind

I am glad that Trouble has a new home. Integrating chickens is a real headache and even more so when you only have 5 and limited space. Not a recipe for success! We have our methods of integrating chickens that usually work - but it is still a royal pain in the butt until it is all settled. And having said that we had our difficult cases that never really worked out.
    Start weight: 225.5 lbs Feb 13 2012. Height: 5'7"
    Primal low: 186 lbs
    Current weight: 227 lbs
    S.T. goals: try thyroid supplementation.
    Goal weight: 135 lbs

"I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert Frost.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Annie, i have missed so much lately. I so hope that trouble enjoys her new home. Sometimes its nice to have a 'trouble' in the front yard. It ends up being something to focus on when trouble comes a calling !!!!!! If you get my drift!!!
    Hope the tramping is going well
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    Great pics Annie. Really hope to visit NZ someday not too distant.
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...