Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: What Annie did next. page 10

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Last night's pumpkin mash was just like mashed potatoes but with pumpkin. ie cut into chunks, steam, peel (or peel then steam, whichever seems easiest to you), mash with salt, pepper, cream. I also added nutmeg.

To make it fancier, I sometimes then add some more ingredients such as cooked diced onion and bacon bits, sour cream or coconut cream, herbs and spices like coriander and cumin, cheese, and an egg or two to bind it all together. Then put it all in a casserole dish, top with more cheese and bake till warmed through. I'm doing this for a family party tomorrow.

Yesterday's exercise was dance class, followed by a long walk home as there are no buses on Saturday.

I somewhat overdid the catering for last night's party so I have in the fridge an enormous coleslaw and most of a dish of pumpkin bake. I'm planning to put a beef casserole in the slow cooker and that will be dinner covered.

There's also a few buttered carrots and one last chicken leg, so that will be my brunch if ever I get hungry again. Right now, I can't imagine it.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Enjoying your posts. Sounds like great food in your fridge.

Thanks, Crypto. We have already polished off most of the pumpkin but barely made a dent in the coleslaw, despite serving it for both lunch and dinner. I daren't serve it for breakfast tomorrow, the family are bound to protest.

B: Pumpkin mash, buttered carrots, chicken drumstick.
    L: Sliced apple, cheese, bacon, coleslaw.
    S: Dark chocolate. Sliver of carrot cake.
    D: Beef and bean casserole, pumpkin bake, coleslaw.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    All sounds really nice, Annieh!

Thanks, Traveller. It wasn't a fully primal day, due to the beans in the casserole - I'm feeding five this week so I have to stretch the meals a bit with rice and things. Also, because of the party, there was cake, and I do so love that cream cheese icing.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Last night's pumpkin mash was just like mashed potatoes but with pumpkin. ie cut into chunks, steam, peel (or peel then steam, whichever seems easiest to you), mash with salt, pepper, cream. I also added nutmeg.

To make it fancier, I sometimes then add some more ingredients such as cooked diced onion and bacon bits, sour cream or coconut cream, herbs and spices like coriander and cumin, cheese, and an egg or two to bind it all together. Then put it all in a casserole dish, top with more cheese and bake till warmed through. I'm doing this for a family party tomorrow.
    This sounds super delicious - I am adding it to my collection of primal/paleo recipes to use in the fall - or you know whenever the mood strikes and I can get fresh pumpkins. Thanks again for another great food idea. Have you thought of making a recipe book? I'd buy it!
    Cheers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

IronGirl is offline Member
    L: Sliced apple, cheese, bacon, coleslaw
    How did you eat this? Did you put the cheese on the apple and eat the bacon with your fingers and then the coleslaw separate, or was it all combined in some way? (I love all of these items and am just wondering).

Have you ever had "Tanka Bites"? They are cranberry and buffalo jerky bites and I had them for the first time the other day--addictive. Is that a similar idea to bacon and apple?
    I feed my healthy cells and starve the rest.

Waist circumference:
    50(start)/40.5(current)/35>(goal)

Quote Originally Posted by IronGirl View Post
    How did you eat this? Did you put the cheese on the apple and eat the bacon with your fingers and then the coleslaw separate, or was it all combined in some way? (I love all of these items and am just wondering).

Have you ever had "Tanka Bites"? They are cranberry and buffalo jerky bites and I had them for the first time the other day--addictive. Is that a similar idea to bacon and apple?
    lol, IronGirl, yes these were just random finger food items, I assembled them into mini sandwiches of two apple slices with cheese in between, but I did actually use a fork for the coleslaw.

It developed this way because I made the family cheese and bacon on toast, so I just sliced an apple and put it on my plate with some slices of cheese and a couple of grilled pieces of bacon. The side of coleslaw was because I still have a massive amount left over from the family party.

No, never tried Tanka bits but they sound quite good, I don't know if we have anything similar here. Bacon and apple is a good combo, you can core the apple, slice it into rings and panfry in butter to have with bacon and perhaps mushrooms, onions, courgettes etc for breakfast. Yum, I'm looking forward to breakfast again already and I've only just had lunch, lol. I love talking about food.

ombat is offline Senior Member
    Fine, I'll come out and say it: I've been salivating over your daily menus for some time now.

I didn't want you to know because I'm secretly jealous and mildly spiteful.

Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast